Well done SI

I in no way condone piracy.

I do respect SI's right to have gone down this route during the release of FM09 to try and thwart piracy and shops breaking release.. but they need to realise it hasn't worked.

It's been nothing short of a chore for us paying customers to get this installed and the pirated have their hands on it within 24 hours of release anyway.

No one wins out of this.

I in no way condone piracy.

I do respect SI's right to have gone down this route during the release of FM09 to try and thwart piracy and shops breaking release.. but they need to realise it hasn't worked.

It's been nothing short of a chore for us paying customers to get this installed and the pirated have their hands on it within 24 hours of release anyway.

No one wins out of this.

I know its like we have gone into a twighlight zone, The poor people who have paid for the game are getting messed around and having to validate the game for hours and hours and the pirates who just click the download button and pay nothing have been enjoying the game hassel free.

Do not see the point in this drm,why try and fix something that was not broke just going to loose more paying customers.

Pirates don't even need to activate it. They just play it like every other previous release.

Paying customers got screwed over.

They'll always find a way to pirate it, they're not stupid. Trying to counter it is when the problems happen.

Something had to be done to try and get the 30:1 pirated:bought game ratio put right. It's clear that this has caused problems for the a significant number of people, but I'm sure that Sega have people working trying to put things right. They didn't want things to go badly after all.

It took the pirates 21 hours to crack it :)

It took them -3 days to crack Spore!

Good job!

YOu know first hand that this is true do u ;)

I got my football manager yesterday, and activated it at 8pm last night without a bother, so i am a happy chappy.

If the above is true, then SI have wasted there money, and customers have wasted there time. It is ironic that the DRM has casued more problems for the payin customer than the non-paying.

tut tut

• SI Staff
I just posted the same thing Lucifer mate and you know what they ddi? Close the thread. *****. I'm done with FM.

Why do you have a problem with us closing a thread that relates to piracy?

Archived