PDA

View Full Version : Lower case code got me activated...

Solid Gone
14-11-2008, 21:34
Tried for hours with upper case, absolute disaster, kept getting that stupid "cannot connect" message...tried once with lower case...activated in seconds. Please try this if you are still having problems.

I hope this helps a few of the poor sods who have spent the day fruitlessly trying to activate this bitch.:thdn:

Just waiting for the damn patch to download now...bummer of a day eh folks?:mad:

Lander12345
14-11-2008, 21:44
Been a member for a long time here but never posted but I'm posting now just to tell you that you're officially my hero of the day :D

Had the game activated earlier but when I closed it it didnt work anymore (the well documented 'key already in use') but now I tried it in lower case and it works

Thx man

GazTheDoood
14-11-2008, 21:45
Join my hero of the day club too :thup:

bell
14-11-2008, 21:51
You might be on to something here!

olivne
14-11-2008, 21:53
thanks solid

Solid Gone
14-11-2008, 22:12
Genuinely happy to help a few folks out...it's been a horrible day...especially for those poor saps who have been trying since the AM.

homerjnick
14-11-2008, 22:16
I used lower case in my first attempt at 10am and it worked fine......I think you may be onto something there!

SOLOJUVENTUS
14-11-2008, 22:18
Lower case? How do you mean? Sorry, but I don't understand..

Solid Gone
14-11-2008, 22:23
Lower case? How do you mean? Sorry, but I don't understand..

Don't use capital letters when putting your activation code in...even if your code is in capitals.

i.e if the first 5 letters of your code look like this "AHDDS" on your booklet type them as "ahdds"

Pompeyboyz
14-11-2008, 22:41
I have to say that I am in the other side as I was trying with lower case for a couple of hours with no success on my desktop pc. I try on my laptop and go straight to upper case and it worked first time. I then go back to the desktop and try upper case and it worked first time again

Solid Gone
14-11-2008, 22:52
I have to say that I am in the other side as I was trying with lower case for a couple of hours with no success on my desktop pc. I try on my laptop and go straight to upper case and it worked first time. I then go back to the desktop and try upper case and it worked first time again

LOL. Getting this game going was never gonna be easy was it? Absolutely crazy! :D

SOLOJUVENTUS
14-11-2008, 22:54
Don't use capital letters when putting your activation code in...even if your code is in capitals.

i.e if the first 5 letters of your code look like this "AHDDS" on your booklet type them as "ahdds"

It is really hard to see the differences between 0 and O..

Solid Gone
14-11-2008, 23:23
It is really hard to see the differences between 0 and O..

Try putting your code into this...

http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/

If it is the correct code, it will confirm it for you...you may have to try a few times if you are having trouble with the "o" & "0"

SOLOJUVENTUS
14-11-2008, 23:34
@ Solid Gone

I have been trying for a very, very long time. It doesn't work..

SOLOJUVENTUS
14-11-2008, 23:43
Now it says "Could not connect to internet.."

Haha..

EDIT, now it says "the cd-key is not right.."

Solid Gone
14-11-2008, 23:50
Sorry mate, that is the only advice I have...just passing on what worked for me.

I hope you and everybody else can get the game running sooner rather than later...it's gone well beyond a joke now.:thdn: