PDA

View Full Version : On top of all that... courtesy.

crafty bison
14-11-2008, 19:50
There are two things that are ****ing me off on TOP of not being able to play a game I have bought.

First, how RUDE the activation software is to you! there's no "Sorry, you've just got to do this first", no, it's a rude and illogical "Your trial period has EXPIRED!" Yes, expired! You're so naughty trying to play this game you bought. So we're going to take a tone of scolding you. What trial period?! Is this text even designed for this game? What is it even on about and why does it have to be so rude about it?

Second, how we're not even getting an explanation. We're told to be patient but there isn't even a reason given for any of this. The font issue was sorted ages ago. That's no longer a problem. SI, SEGA, give us a REASON. And if you say "unexpected demand" you deserve to lose your jobs the lot of you, ANYONE could have anticipated this level of demand on launch day.

Ozzy38
14-11-2008, 21:30
You're angry at general messages being 'rude'?

Is someone going a bit insane here?

champlodge
14-11-2008, 21:48
We're all going insane! but he's right, it's diabolical to suggest the problem is caused because they've sold too many games. Bloody idiotic the whole situation.

Ozzy38
14-11-2008, 21:51
Idiotic I agree. But is it idiotic that STEAM is currently being a monumental fail? Is it idiotic that it's SI taking the flak for Steam's failings? Or is it idiotic that all these geeks are getting so life-and-death workd up over a game that costs 5-7 hours worth of minimum wage's work?

redlion1986
14-11-2008, 21:53
Steam is the one part of the whole thing that has worked perfectly all day.

therubberducky
14-11-2008, 21:54
Its idiotic that a game that is created by SI has all these problems. Dont externalise the blame. At the end of the day, all this nonsense was given the go ahead by SI.

Tin the RocketMan!
14-11-2008, 21:55
its gotta be annoying for these kids though.

bell
14-11-2008, 21:56
There are plenty of explanations and advice from SI at the top.

Not sure how a message in software can be deemed as rude either.

Closed.

bell
14-11-2008, 21:57
There are plenty of explanations and advice from SI at the top.

Not sure how a message in software can be deemed as rude either.

Closed.

Donners
14-11-2008, 21:57
At least it doesn't call you a dirty, thieving pirate. :)