Bought game, installed, activated. Perfect.

Massive shock development. It all worked fine. FM 2009 is fantasctic. Thank you SI for a great game.

I for one think Steam and the whole activation process is a great idea. Well done.

Sorry for all those having problems but I just had to create one positive thread.

BTW to you guys that have installed it and playing it, do you have a fm09 directory folder? i only have 1 folder and it has 3 files in it, where does it put the rest of the files? And why can i only run the game through steam?

I'm another person who hasn't experienced a single problem at all as regards to STEAM, activation codes or anything else. The game is fantastic and I'm like to praise SI for this years effort.

By the way, as regards to the activation code, I've read about all these difficulties people have been having but the one that puzzles me is the "zeros and 'o's are identical" excuse. Am I the only person who's activation code didn't feature a single number at all?

BTW to you guys that have installed it and playing it, do you have a fm09 directory folder? i only have 1 folder and it has 3 files in it, where does it put the rest of the files? And why can i only run the game through steam?

Yeah mine works great as well, I got the boxed version and authorised it through Steam, no problems at all.

To find the main FM09 folder you need to goto the Steam folder and then steamapps/common/fm09/data/db <for 900 data>

steamapps/common/fm09/data/db/updates <for 910 etc data>

documents/sports interactive/fm09/ <all folders there>

The folder in documents is set up the same as FM08 etc. tactics, graphics etc.

• SI Staff
Massive shock development. It all worked fine. FM 2009 is fantasctic. Thank you SI for a great game.

I for one think Steam and the whole activation process is a great idea. Well done.

Sorry for all those having problems but I just had to create one positive thread.

I don't think you are alone in your thoughts it's just the amount of people with issues today has meant you were in the minority.

Picked mine up this morning from Morrisons for £25 which compared to the games shops is £5 cheaper. Install went fine, activated perfect as soon as I typed it in correctly, damned them 1/i and 0/o lol.

Update went great. Thought I had a problem with Player names in 3D but was my fault for altering Direct3D settings.

Well done SI.

bought mine in the local woolsworth this morning. installed and activate (online, not steam) without problem. although the random freeze does annoy me a little. need to save the game after every match in case it crash and i dont fancy replaying any match

Ordered from Steam two days ago, pre-loaded yesterday and automatically activated at 10 past midnight while I had my last cuppa of the day, started a new game just to make sure it worked before going to bed.

Then this morning I downloaded it on my laptop at a whopping 1.1mb/s and had the game running within 10 minutes.

It couldn't have gone any smoother. Steam really was the right way to go despite some initial doubts.

Now if I could just find enough time to actually play that would be great.

Yeah mine works great as well, I got the boxed version and authorised it through Steam, no problems at all.

To find the main FM09 folder you need to goto the Steam folder and then steamapps/common/fm09/data/db <for 900 data>

steamapps/common/fm09/data/db/updates <for 910 etc data>

documents/sports interactive/fm09/ <all folders there>

The folder in documents is set up the same as FM08 etc. tactics, graphics etc.

Cheers for that!

Do we have to play through steam everytime we play though? Was hoping not.

Cheery People! Wicked! Recieved game this morning from the postman alongside some unwanted bills. Threw the bills in the bin. Whacked FM CD into comp. Authenticated game through Steam which then uploaded patch straightaway. Took phone off hook & Sat back and enjoyed FM!!

Feel 4 those having probs but appreciate the positive thread!!

Archived