Activated game. Turned off. Now i can't play!!!!!!!

After a few hours of navigating through problems, I finally got the game to load up, having downloaded it using Steam. According to SI, downloading it through Steam will also mean being able to get patches and updates immediately. However, when I loaded up the game, it was still running the original version. I downloaded the patch, applied it, and then tried opening up the game in Steam. It asks me to enter my activation code again. Fine, I've got five allocations, registering it twice on my laptop is fine, I don't plan on installing it anywhere else!

Not as simple as I first thought, though. It is now saying this key code is already activated, so I can't enter it, meaning I can't even play the game. I'm still in the same situation, even though I bought the game at half nine this morning! It's an absolute joke that so many things could go wrong. Why is it not the same as every other previous release, which have worked absolutely fine for me.

Some help would be very much appreciated, as I only got four hours sleep last night, so I could get up early enough to guarantee bagging a copy. The intention was to play it on the day of release. This is not looking likely right now.

After a few hours of navigating through problems, I finally got the game to load up, having downloaded it using Steam. According to SI, downloading it through Steam will also mean being able to get patches and updates immediately. However, when I loaded up the game, it was still running the original version. I downloaded the patch, applied it, and then tried opening up the game in Steam. It asks me to enter my activation code again. Fine, I've got five allocations, registering it twice on my laptop is fine, I don't plan on installing it anywhere else!

Not as simple as I first thought, though. It is now saying this key code is already activated, so I can't enter it, meaning I can't even play the game. I'm still in the same situation, even though I bought the game at half nine this morning! It's an absolute joke that so many things could go wrong. Why is it not the same as every other previous release, which have worked absolutely fine for me.

Some help would be very much appreciated, as I only got four hours sleep last night, so I could get up early enough to guarantee bagging a copy. The intention was to play it on the day of release. This is not looking likely right now.

Sorry beejay103 but the simple answer to that is - YES

I brought the game, the actual game from a shop and activated my game after an hour long battle! I'm glad thats over I thought. After playing for 4/5 hours stopped to have tea and a lil break - went to load it up, realised I had no shortcut, when I clicked the fm.exe file it took me to steam and then the nightmare that is SoftAnchor and now it won't let me back in.

I guess the lesson I've learned is that you should never exit fm, once started it should have to be played forever!! ^o)

I got through the activation, but closed the game after it had launched to test it.

It then came up with the activate key and told me it was already in use etc (as expected from what other users had experienced)

I closed it again and launched it twice then suddenly it doesnt ask for anything and it all seems fine.

took a good few hours but I feel for those who have gone into it for 5+ hours now. too much

Archived