SI, How much money are you making out of FM 2009?

Just wondering how much SI will make of this inaccessible, incomplete and full of bugs software....30 quid a copy...and how many purchasers worldwide?...around 1,000,000? (i'm sure there could be more)... that's 30 Million quid!!! What they give us in return is totally unacceptable!

Every year, we as customers are used by SI as testers. They sell us as an incomplete, unfinished software because it's always full of bugs and we have to test it and let them know the bugs so they can fix it with a few patches, a few months after we made the purchases. Why can't they release a software that is bug-free and playable right from the start, like you do with many many many computer or console games which are many more times more complex than FM 2009? You make a lot of money from us so why can't you use the resources properly and deliver?!

SI, you should really give your software production process, methodology, or whatever, a good rethink. SACK some people who are responsible for this (may be MJ?) and bring in quality software engineers, games developer, from NINTENDO for example!

We expect better from you. You let us down.

Sack Ramos and bring in Redknapp!!!!

Just wondering how much SI will make of this inaccessible, incomplete and full of bugs software....30 quid a copy...and how many purchasers worldwide?...around 1,000,000? (i'm sure there could be more)... that's 30 Million quid!!! What they give us in return is totally unacceptable!

Every year, we as customers are used by SI as testers. They sell us as an incomplete, unfinished software because it's always full of bugs and we have to test it and let them know the bugs so they can fix it with a few patches, a few months after we made the purchases. Why can't they release a software that is bug-free and playable right from the start, like you do with many many many computer or console games which are many more times more complex than FM 2009? You make a lot of money from us so why can't you use the resources properly and deliver?!

SI, you should really give your software production process, methodology, or whatever, a good rethink. SACK some people who are responsible for this (may be MJ?) and bring in quality software engineers, games developer, from NINTENDO for example!

We expect better from you. You let us down.

Sack Ramos and bring in Redknapp!!!!

Completely agree...game is unplayable until february.

I like all the "facts" in this post, makes for educated reading :rolleyes:

However much I'm annoyed by the quality of the launch product, somethings have to be put straight.

For example FM2009 is actually one of the most complex games out there. Most games that you play on consoles have a fixed game structure all the way through. If you play the game a 2nd time, its nearest dammit identical. FM2009 is not, its different every game; its a game you can play for a year without getting bored as its always changing (and never the same as what your friend is playing). However much testing they do, every tester is testing a different scenario of which there are almost infinate scenarios to test! That's both the best thing about the game but can also (as seen at launch) be its downfall.

Personally I would have liked to have seen them delay launch (as other big titles have done) - but I understand for a studio of SI Games size, that is not always realistic.

If you want an example of a game that got it right, look at Metal Gear Solid 4 - but how long did their fans have to wait for that? 3 years after MGS3 and 2 year delayed launch.

Now this isn't an excuse for SI Games - but before people start shouting "SACK MJ" - think a little about what has gone into this game and how long you are going to enjoy it for once they get it right.

Adam

Archived