Why wasn't the game released a week later?

I know every year we have the issue of waiting for the patch which is normally a week or two after the release, but this year has been a complete disaster. I'm a mac user and I know we won't be getting the patch today which effectively renders the game unplayable (right click bug) and from what I've read most PC users are having a disaster trying to activate the game. So people have gone out today and spent upwards of £40 on something which around 5-10% will actually be able to play, therefore I ask why not release the game next Friday? it would have given the chance for the game to be complete and might have given time to get some organisation into place in terms of activating the game. To be honest this kind of behaviour is completely unacceptable. If a similar situation arose with a company such as Tescos for example there would be absolute chaos with complaints to trading standards. It really does break my heart to say this because I like most people just grin and bear and when up and working properly it really is one of the greatest and most addictive games you could wish for, but this year has been one almighty disaster, I really think the release process needs reviewing as people like myself are getting increasingly frustrated with being mugged of year after year.

Thank you

Ben

Archived