Activated through Steam but keep getting softanchor

I activated the game through Steam but when I launch the game it goes straight to the softanchor thing even though on steam it says it has been activated. This is pathetic might aswell have stuck to FM08.

This is exactly what's happening to me! Why did nobody mention Soft Anchor?! I thought it would be okay once you went through STEAM!

I'm fuming. I'm locked out of a game I bought legally, and there's nowhere that actually explains properly the process I should be going through.

I think we might have to just wait awhile I might give it up and wait until tomorrow when Soft Anchor actually works. I thought it might just be me that was having this problem its really annoyed me that I handed over my money and cant play the game at all now, does my head in.

im having the same problem. i used steam and soft anchor popped up wanting the product key then reinstilled and use the other option and the same thing happens. I put code it in pressed the botton and it comes up saying that im not online but i am online or i would not be talking to you now. this key code idea is a bad idea and its looks alot of people wont be able to play the game.

Can someone give me some advice or im taking the game back and buying fifa manager. i played football manager and championship manager game since CM2 and never have you had to go through such rubish to play the game and put code to just play it.

Someone please help me and these other guys with the same problem

It's a damn good job I'm nowhere near anyone from SI right now. If I walked into my work and said 'let's do something revolutionary this year but let's not make sure it will work' I'd be laughed right out of there!

For a game that has cost more than any of the other FM licences I am absolutely disgusted- the activation is the biggest pile of Bollo**s going - I paid and I want to play - never had this problem before so Sega / SI please look out for your genuine paying customers and get it sorted - I will be writing to H/O and I would like some money back - complete waste of day and time !! F**ked off beyond belief !!

For a game that has cost more than any of the other FM licences I am absolutely disgusted- the activation is the biggest pile of Bollo**s going - I paid and I want to play - never had this problem before so Sega / SI please look out for your genuine paying customers and get it sorted - I will be writing to H/O and I would like some money back - complete waste of day and time !! F**ked off beyond belief !! YOU HAVE HAD ENOUGH TIME WITH ADVANCE ORDERS TO GET THIS RIGHT - WHAT HAS GONE WRONG ?

Makes it worse that the editor actually works and the game doesnt. I have never been so frustrated at a game ever, if championship manager was actually out I would have seriously thought about buying it. I hope is working tomorrow.

Makes it worse that the editor actually works and the game doesnt. I have never been so frustrated at a game ever, if championship manager was actually out I would have seriously thought about buying it. I hope is working tomorrow.

I cant believe the problems and shortsightedness of this company within a release of a product. to top matters off now we all seem to have got told to use steam and that way doesnt work as well. Si seems to have made sure we cant get our money back for this product which doesnt work..............we............want...........our.............money..........back!!!!!!!

Agreed, why are the steam people having to go through softanchor, authenticating twice is stupid, especially when one of these does not work. You just know when the experts 'fix' this, the loyal paying customers like ourselves will not be playing whilst pirates do.

ive entered the code and then it says cannot connect to the internet when i have a good internet connection. some1 help & si sort it out :@ why do we even have 2 put a code in 2 play the game :S we paid £25 or however much it costs so that should be it., not some crap code 2 play the game. SORT IT OUT SI!!

Guest ChuckyLewin

OK......I've FIXED IT!!!!

FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS

1. unplug your internet

2. uninstall STEAM!!!!!!!!

3. reload FM2009

4. select activate via internet and phone line

5. replug the internet!!!

6. PLAY AND ENJOY!!!

Archived