Please help! My CD-ROM won't read the new FM '09 game nor any new dvd i have!

what do i do?

im clueless with computers.

My old dvd's and FM '08 loads up fine, but not the new FM game.

And as far as im aware all my computer is up to date.

all my specs are very good and so is my graphics card. so that isn't a problem.

Please help. :(

I go into "My Computer" and i clearly see that my dvd-rw isn't reading the game.

But still i right click and press open and i get this message,

"D:\ is not accessible

the request could not be performed because of an I/O device error

Please help me :(

Yes!

I put in my FM '09 game didn't read, so i put in my older games {including FM'08} and they read!

i put in a new dvd i bought and that didn't read either.

Im so confused and annoyed.

This happened to me last night. Realised I'd burned out my DVD RW on my PC by burning too many DVD's on Nero. So I just activated it through Steam on my other laptop then installed Steam on PC, and it was there to play. You don't even need to have Steam on to play it. You could even do it on a mates computer.

Device Manager is good for checking the state of things, but agree not for updates. Roll back driver might work, but better to get an update or uninstall the drive and let the computer reinstall it.

What computer model is it? Go to HP/Dell/etc. and find your model and see if they've got the driver for download on their site.

Device Manager is good for checking the state of things, but agree not for updates. Roll back driver might work, but better to get an update or uninstall the drive and let the computer reinstall it.

What computer model is it? Go to HP/Dell/etc. and find your model and see if they've got the driver for download on their site.

My computer was self buit "not by me"

it was my cousins, who now lives in the US :rolleyes:

when it comes to computer im a noob :o

as far as i know it's a AMD 64 AnthlonX2

so could someone point me in the right direction to find the site :D

I've found the plextor driver page but I can't find any mention of a PX-775A. There is a PX-755A, just checking there wasn't a typo? The drivers page is here by the way: http://www.plextor-europe.com/technicalservices/downloads/firmw_dvdrec.asp?choice=DVD-Recorders.

755a it is, sorry about the typo.

i'll look into it now

thank you

as far as i can tell everything is up to date.

Im baffled.

Did you try downloading the driver? Even if it says it's up-to-date you could try overwriting just in case anything has gone wrong.

This is a slightly strange idea, but try holding down the eject button for 5 seconds and then trying again.

Otherwise I would wait for someone from SI to help you, as it goes beyond what I know about optical drives. A bit of research has suggested to me that Plextors have a tendency to wear out though.

Did you try downloading the driver? Even if it says it's up-to-date you could try overwriting just in case anything has gone wrong.

This is a slightly strange idea, but try holding down the eject button for 5 seconds and then trying again.

Otherwise I would wait for someone from SI to help you, as it goes beyond what I know about optical drives. A bit of research has suggested to me that Plextors have a tendency to wear out though.

sorry for being a pain but where do i download the driver?

But how come all of my cd-rw's work.

i can delete and copy on them, yet the FM '09 game won't read.

im gonna throw my computer out the feckin' window :rolleyes:

I just downloaded and uploaded the upgrade programe, gotta log off.

i'll log back on again and let ya know.

A workaround (thanks to user: Football Manager 08):

"You can do it another way, install Steam:

http://store.steampowered.com/about/

Then register, when you've done that. Login, and click Activate a product on steam. When you've done that, get your serial number from your Fm2009 manual and enter it in there. And it'll download"

Got it working now mate!

Ta :thup:

Got it working now mate!

Ta :thup:

mate im having exact same problems , i cant play dvds or games on pc but when i burn cds it works fine, my dvd driver is a dvdrw8801 but i cant find a solution, tried reboting, restoring etc device manger, the lot ... no joy PLEASE HELP

mate im having exact same problems , i cant play dvds or games on pc but when i burn cds it works fine, my dvd driver is a dvdrw8801 but i cant find a solution, tried reboting, restoring etc device manger, the lot ... no joy PLEASE HELP

Mate, basically all i can say is do what i did.

1. Join up with STEAM

2. Enter your code

3. Download the game and then launch it!

then you don't even need the disc!

i don't anyway.

hope that helps.

Archived