Am I the only person who didn't have to "activate" the game?

As you know there are many people complaining here about problems with the activation process. I am playing the game but I don't think I "activated" it. This is what I did:

1. Pre-ordered FM09 from Steam a couple of weeks ago, can't remember when exactly.

2. Yesterday evening around 6pm I began pre-loading the game from Steam, and left it downloading overnight.

3. This morning at 7.30am I logged onto my machine, went to Steam, clicked "Launch Game" and away I went, been happily playing away ever since.

Is this the normal procedure, I had assumed I would have to "activate" somehow but I never got asked to.

Do you not have to activate if you actually bought from Steam?

Are all those who are having problems with Steam activation trying to activate a shop-bought copy using Steam? I just don't get what's going on..

As you know there are many people complaining here about problems with the activation process. I am playing the game but I don't think I "activated" it. This is what I did:

1. Pre-ordered FM09 from Steam a couple of weeks ago, can't remember when exactly.

2. Yesterday evening around 6pm I began pre-loading the game from Steam, and left it downloading overnight.

3. This morning at 7.30am I logged onto my machine, went to Steam, clicked "Launch Game" and away I went, been happily playing away ever since.

Is this the normal procedure, I had assumed I would have to "activate" somehow but I never got asked to.

Are all those who are having problems with Steam activation trying to activate a shop-bought copy using Steam? I just don't get what's going on..

On Steam. Its meant to activate automatically.

Are you using a Mac?

Archived