Ok, I think this is the sixth time I ask this...

Just wondering if anyone can answer my question.

Miles said this:

How long will the activation servers be available? Will I still be able to play the game 5 years from now?

Yes, we hope so. Nonetheless - after 18 months (estimated at present) we will release a DRM-free version of the game to ensure that you can play in years to come.

And I asked this to several mods and well, everyone lol:

So, hold on a minute. If I want to play for years to come and be sure of it, I have to but the game again in 18 months? Did I get that right? Just wondering.

Anybody?

Yes, we hope so. Nonetheless - after 18 months (estimated at present) we will release a DRM-free version of the game to ensure that you can play in years to come.

This does not assure me that it will be a patch. The key term is DRM-free version of the game. That sounds like a game to me. I just want to know, I've been asking this for 36 hours lol

This does not assure me that it will be a patch. The key term is DRM-free version of the game. That sounds like a game to me. I just want to know, I've been asking this for 36 hours lol

Why are you so obsessed with knowing this?

In 18 months time, FM10 will be out. At that point, why on earth would SI charge for a DRM free version of FM09? :D

Obsessed? Obsessed is realizing that there is a mistake with the authentication part of the game and asking the same questions over and over again, cursing at everybody who tries to help and collapsing the boards.

I just want to know; that's all. I'd be buying a game for 1 1/2 years, and then having to buy another one. Can I ask that without being too much of a problem?

Archived