online activation.

i go to steam, launch game then it takes me to online activation i paste in my product key and click next and it says unable to complete as im not connected to internet. obviously i am otherwise i wudnt b able to write this. help wud be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Hi,

We are currently doing work on our servers to make sure you can get into the game as soon as possible and fix any problems. This is effecting people authenticating their codes and please accept our apologies while we work on this.

We will post an update on the servers as soon as we know:)

Apologies for the delay and thank you so much for your patience.

Sarah

Hi Anthony,

thankyou for your feedback, unfortunately this was a problem we could not have foreseen but we have an incredibly talented tech team who are working tirelessley to fix these problems now so people can play FM09 and of course everything will be scrutinised to make sure it doesnt happen again.

We completely understand you guys' frustration and are incredibly sorry but I will keep you updated here so that you know what is going on and get you in the game asap!

Sarah

Hi Anthony,

thankyou for your feedback, unfortunately this was a problem we could not have foreseen but we have an incredibly talented tech team who are working tirelessley to fix these problems now so people can play FM09 and of course everything will be scrutinised to make sure it doesnt happen again.

We completely understand you guys' frustration and are incredibly sorry but I will keep you updated here so that you know what is going on and get you in the game asap!

Sarah

got the game at 10 30 this morning and still havent got it working its past being funny now

Its bad enough when you cant even sort out the f***ing CD key which was a load of F***ing ******** but now to have this issue as well absolute f***ing joke

You should be reimbursing us for all the **** you have created

Why 2 levels of authenticity

absolute load of ****!!!!!****

So angry

what are we meant to do in the meantime

utter bo**cks

How could you not have foreseen this?

You guys knew alot of ppl were gonna activate it at the same time.

If your tech team is so skilled, they should have known that this was gonna happen.

its a joke the people that buy the genuine game are being punished by all this crap due to the pirates .when i spend 28 quid on a game i dont expect to be made to use steam or unable to play it wat a joke

Hi sarah

Thanks for keeping us update but i dont see how you couldnt see this, i did. Its obvious that the amount of people doing the code at the same time would be massive and the servers would not cope. I can understand your fight against piracy but we (who dont do piracy) should not be punished for this. At the end of the day, you pay for a product that product is expected to work from the moment you purchased and began to use. If for next years edition you go down the same path I feel alot less people will purchase, I myself would be one of those people as I dont think its right to ask for money for a product that cant be used.

Any updates on when this will likely be fixed, it seems most people have been trying since early this morning and if these tech guys are so talented why is it taking all day to fix? Im not trying to be cheeky, im just disappointed and would like an answer.

Thank you.

Any idiot could foresee the problem of having online registration for a game as popular as this, of course the server would overload as a result.

I really wish SI would of kept things simple.

It's now telling me if I want a new 'key'. I mean really, this is disgusting.

when i herd about FM teaming up with steam i immediatly put my head in my hands as i have had previous bad experiances with steam when playing half life, and i stopped playing it because of it, now its happened again with FM :(

I dont know why Sega went down this road with the activation, why could installation not be like all the others and access the game through the start menu instead of this damn steam thing. I relise that there are some people out there who are able to "crack games and things and maybe this it to help stop this" i appreciate that something needs to be done to stop this, but is this the answer?

I appreciate all the efforts for trying to get this sorted out for us.

Sorry for the mini rant :) just been waiting for this now for a while and it looks so promising. hopefully this steam program doesnt ruin it.

Luke

Looks like everyone has been suffering with this! Will be waiting idle for a solution!

I have had both errors in regards to "not connected to internet" and now another error stating i need another keycode!!

Im not saying this new stream setup isnt a good idea, but what was ever wrong with the normal installation, and updating from the website?!

Guest bergk4mp
Its bad enough when you cant even sort out the f***ing CD key which was a load of F***ing ******** but now to have this issue as well absolute f***ing joke

So angry

utter bo**cks

You said it bluenose, i will never buy any game with this online activation ******** again. I'd rather wait an extra week and let the nice pirates give me a hassle free version.

And all this because some people obviously don't understand that you can never stop piracy.

I wonder if the industry loses more money on people downloading or on trying stop them. I really don't care 'cause the result is always the same, we who buy the game gets assraped and nobody cares cuz they've already got our money.

The revolution will not have an activation code........

Even premier manager dont have problems like this and thats coming from the worst football managment game in the world. You hire people so problems like this dont happeren so what are they doing all of us could have told you there would an overload to the system its general knowledge but obviously people who work for a massive title like this have not got a brain between them.

Ive noticed that if I type in my keycode with all caps wen i do the online activiation it says ..

'' This unlock key is already active. To purchase visit ..blar..blar ''

If I change one of the letter to a small letter it then says about ''cant connect to the net etc.''

Is this the same with everyone else just to check?

Also below where it says Softanchor it says your trial period has expired..

Ive noticed that if I type in my keycode with all caps wen i do the online activiation it says ..

'' This unlock key is already active. To purchase visit ..blar..blar ''

If I change one of the letter to a small letter it then says about ''cant connect to the net etc.''

Is this the same with everyone else just to check?

Also below where it says Softanchor it says your trial period has expired..

I get the bit about the software expiring...

got the game at midday still not on it. Ive got through to put my activation code and its so confusing with the letters etc. i got the right code from the site copy and paste it and its saying we are unable to activate you go to sigames.com and get a new key code. This is stupid

So angry

utter bo**cks

the first is the key code to register it with steam, the 2nd is so that si can keep an eye on how many people play the game and on what systems they use. it also helps for any fraud and any ilegal operations, who they are and what there ip address is..

it's like hawkeye, wont beable to take a pee in this world soon with out the world knowing about it. ;)

Looks like everyone has been suffering with this! Will be waiting idle for a solution!

I have had both errors in regards to "not connected to internet" and now another error stating i need another keycode!!

Im not saying this new stream setup isnt a good idea, but what was ever wrong with the normal installation, and updating from the website?!

got the same problem as you error saying i need a new key code

Archived