Penalty shoot-outs

Has anyone had one yet?

I've just played the Charity Shield, and it finished 13-12 to me (Pompey).

All 11 players from both teams scored their first penalty kick, and it took Berbatov to have a penalty saved before the deadlock was broken.

I'd be interested to if anyone else has had this happen - either it was a freak result, or the penalty taking/saving needs some tweaking...

I had it happen in the demo - exactly the same. Sadly, wouldn't know about the full game but hell, what I wouldn't give right now to have a 12-11 shootout .. instead, waiting for someone to pay the electric bill on the SoftAnchor servers ..

I had this in the demo, I ended up losing 10-9. Neither keeper moved, and every outfield player scored, tucking it into the corner. Then their goalie blasted it straight at mine, my goalie did the same. However, due to my having every other player injured, I had brought a goalie on up front... so he duly sent it a mile wide, and as they were down to 10 men, an outfield player scored the winner for them. I don't know what I would have done without two goalies on the pitch, it could have lasted forever!

I am playing on the patched full version and just won in the Carling Cup 1st round

I beat Reading 4 - 1 on penalties (as Dagenham & Redbridge) with my 4 players scoring and my goalkeeper saving 2 of Readings and yes one was with a dive. I know people had issues in the demo with high scoring shoot outs but from this it seems to have been fixed.

Archived