French CFA not playable

Why is French CFA disabled in the game? I have tried with 9.0.0 and 9.1.0, and with both versions and with any database size CFA is grayed out in team selection screen.

How odd. I've just noticed that in mine. I chose to run all the French leagues but if I try to add a new manager I can't select the CFA. Has it become a view only league?

You can't start a game in the CFA divisions. It´s only playable when you get relegated or after the first season become manager of one of the relegated team, that goes down into CFA. It was the same in FM2008.

I hoped it would have been implemented by now as it has been like this for 3 versions now (besides that UK gets 1 zillion leagues.......) but still no joy..

Well first I will have to succeed with the activation of the game when I get home, and from what I'm reading on the boards, it really looks like it is a PAIN to install this game ....

You can't start a game in the CFA divisions. It´s only playable when you get relegated or after the first season become manager of one of the relegated team, that goes down into CFA. It was the same in FM2008.
Damn, you are right. I had never noticed that it's the same in FM2008 too.

I always start my games unemployed, and since at some point in my careers I have played CFA teams, I never realized they are disabled when starting the game.

Sorry about posting this thread...

The official main reason is that the CFA divisions are not fully playable, as the three others. I heard it is because of reserve teams...

I already have played a game where my team was relegated (Not my fault, I swear ! ;-) ), but I never felt the CFA less enjoyable to play than L1, L2 or National...

I hope we will soon be able to play CFA (And maybe CFA2, since it is the last division before the regional ones), as how Gipsy said "UK gets zillion leagues"...

UK has seven divisions, from Prem through to BSN/S. Something less than a zillion, even if it's more than most other nations (Italy has 7 divisions, as does Germany).

The difference, I think, is down to the number of reserve teams there are in French CFA (though the same could be said about Spanish B1-4, and they are active from the start, I think). Basically, all English sides are autonomous, at least in theory. I think the same is true of Italian sides. German lower divisions do have reserve sides, but in France it seems like the CFA is 60% reserve sides.

• 2 weeks later...

And what about letting us play the French CFA in the first season (With a "not completely realistic" warning message if you want) ?

I always play with a created team (Rep = 1, no players, etc...), which always means for me 1st season in National where I finish 19th or 20th (99% of chance), relegation, and French CFA for the 2nd season where I really begin to play...

Archived