Disgrace

I'd like to saythat in my modest amount of posts i'm yet to complain and generally love all fm manager games as i have done for over 10 years..

However...

The installation process is a disgrace. I spent 2 hours trying to deduce the activation code (i got all 10 people around my office to try and help me decode it). Only after 2 long hours (and 2 coffee cups smashed in frustration) did i look at the website and found out about the 0/o problem. When i read that 0 and o look 'very similar' i laughed. They are absolutely identical. After finally thinking i'd installed it i then found out i could not activate it online because i am not connected to the internet apparenty (farcical seeing that i'm using it at the moment) I have now read that my firewall may need to be disabled in order to make it work.

After i have resolved this i look forward to what other problems may face me...

I share the frustrations of people who just fail to realise how this installation mess was not recognised before shipping the game out (only 1 person testing installation with a 0/o product key would instantly recognise this)

From an experienced gamer who has installed hundreds of games over the years I can safely say this is the most problems i'v ever had from installing a game.

Having shared my rant with many of you in the same position all thats left to say is that i loved the demo and once (if ever) i ever get the game installed im sure it will be fantastic.

Well, after weeks of people on here saying how they won't be buying the game because of the DRM and being totally laughed at, abused, called pirates and told not to comment by SI until the process is live and people have gone through it...I can safely say that this thread title sums up the situation.

Get rid of the DRM.

The connection problem appears to be down to the Uniloc servers being rammed and we're looking into it now. We all sympathise.

Thanks heavens - a sensible post from SI that makes sense, thank you Chris - that is it needed, just say Unlioc is down, try again in a few hours - rather than most people thinking there is something wrong with their code. Thanks.

The game is fantastic - it's leaps and bounds ahead of other versions. The demo this year was like another game, totally different and quite horrid to play, the full game though, is, imo, the best in years.

Sorry you've had issues, I can honestly say that even though I'm Newcastle in the game, and rightly getting spanked, the match engine is fabulous.

Well, after weeks of people on here saying how they won't be buying the game because of the DRM and being totally laughed at, abused, called pirates and told not to comment by SI until the process is live and people have gone through it...I can safely say that this thread title sums up the situation.

Get rid of the DRM.

Totally agree, that's why I won't buy the game. Get rid of the DRM, IGA and Insight and you can have my money, until then I'm sticking with FM08, or I may even give CM09 a try.

Whether SI like it or not, the pirates have undoubtedly won, as I can bet my bottom dollar they are playing it trouble free, unlike many of those who have parted with their hard earned cash, and can't play because of the laughable key code authentication system.

Nice one SI :thdn:

Thanks for the reply Chris Ritchie. But surely you guys should have known this would happen? The amount of games you sell against the 3 ways of activation is ridiculous. Someone like myself, who has limited knowledge, expected there to be problems connecting with servers, getting through on the phone becuase of the huge demand. It seems slightly bizzare to me that we are having so many problems!

get a grib the 1 I and 0 o was noticed last night at 11pm.

Stop moaning and keep trying, you must be old

Unfortunately some of us have jobs and families and don't have the time to be on these forums all hours of the days looking how to solve installion problems that shouldn't be there.

You'll understand one day.

Thanks heavens - a sensible post from SI that makes sense, thank you Chris - that is it needed, just say Unlioc is down, try again in a few hours - rather than most people thinking there is something wrong with their code. Thanks.
That's right! Oh, except another SI employee posted in the other thread that UNILOC servers are running at 5% capacity, and that there are no problems with their systems.

Here didipuff don't worry about sycophants like Nutter345.

ha ha I am hitting 32 so what I have a family full time job mortgage etc, but I still get time to be on her as I am an IT Manager and its my job to be on the net

Some people like you probably got a ***** job and loves moaning at other people because you know you can't do better

Love the game, but in generally I'm absolutely sick of this crappy DRM, why should we have to install external applications for every game we want to play nowadays. This absolute abortion of a process has punished the legitimate buyers of this software, nothing more. I will not be buying any other product which requires activation via a 3rd party.

I didn't realise that, to be honest. I used Uniloc late last night for my own copy.

We just need people to be a bit patient at the moment.

We shouldn't HAVE to be patient. I've spent my money, I should be able to play it NOW!

I'm sorry but this isn't good enough at all. What if I was due to be on a long train journey or a flight but couldn't play because the servers are rammed?? It's just not right and no amount of "just have a bit of patience" makes up for it.

We shouldn't HAVE to be patient. I've spent my money, I should be able to play it NOW!

I'm sorry but this isn't good enough at all. What if I was due to be on a long train journey or a flight but couldn't play because the servers are rammed?? It's just not right and no amount of "just have a bit of patience" makes up for it.

I absolutely agree and I'm sure everyone else here does too. That's why we're working hard to get this resolved.

I think this is why Miles was pushing Steam so hard, because Steam is used to this kind of demand and we know it can handle it. That's how I imagine it is, anyway.

ive installed my game using a disk and ive now been trying for over TWO HOURS to activate it through steam! im well p*ssed off over the time ive wasted.

ha ha I am hitting 32 so what I have a family full time job mortgage etc, but I still get time to be on her as I am an IT Manager and its my job to be on the net

Some people like you probably got a ***** job and loves moaning at other people because you know you can't do better

Well, you certainly don't sound like a 32 year old with that sort of attitude. I don't see why there's any need to get abusive about anything posted or expressed here.

Well, you certainly don't sound like a 32 year old with that sort of attitude. I don't see why there's any need to get abusive about anything posted or expressed here.

No I know mate I was just joking and killing some time so to speak but no its not constructive at all.

its just boring when there are so many posts about the same thing and if they checked its already been said that the servers are being looked into and the phone issue is as well. Come on this game sells millions every year it was never going to be a case of activate straight away job done, as everyone would be getting it about the same time and activating it the same time.

Unbelieveable. This is the worse thing I've ever experience on a game. There cant be anyone surely who's associated with the game who actually thinks this was a good idea. Its punished legal users and wont do anything to stop pirates. We've been screwed for being legit customers of FM. Well done guys, great job.

I just feel sorry for all the people who have bought this game and have no idea about these forums. Whose going to tell them about the 0/o problem and the many others?

P.S still trying to activate throught softanchor. Firewalls off- restarted computer, still apparently not connceted to the internet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcooper

Hi,

Those people getting errors 10 and 702, we are updating some info at Uniloc to try to help the issue. Unfortunately while that is updating it has slowed the system significantly and this is causing these errors, as well as the telephone outage.

We'd advise you to hold off trying to authenticate while this happens, we will let you know as soon as it is back up to speed.

Thanks

Ben

This is also causing a lot of the "no internet" problems. Please bear with us while uniloc updates

Thanks

Ben

I just feel sorry for all the people who have bought this game and have no idea about these forums. Whose going to tell them about the 0/o problem and the many others?

P.S still trying to activate throught softanchor. Firewalls off- restarted computer, still apparently not connceted to the internet.

It's your tactics.

Sorry....... :p

The servers are being updated they said not to do anything for a while they will let us know when its done, thats whats causing the not connected to internet error

you know what is bad and reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllyyy annoying, not being able to get the data editor to work :(

Yep, im having problems with that too

When i try and run the editor i get ''The side by side configuration is incorrect''

Havent got a clue what that means.

Nevermind

i get "This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling this application may fix this problem" (but it didnt) i even uninstalled it and re-installed it the old fashion way without steam (which btw is a pain in the f'in bum to get sorted out with) but still, no luck/joy :(

I absolutely agree and I'm sure everyone else here does too. That's why we're working hard to get this resolved.

There shouldn't be anything to resolve though bro that's the point. SI have implemented an absolutely dire process of activation and punished people that have bought the game legally.

SI have only served to increase piracy rather than preventing it. Who is going to trust or want to go through this process again?

Seriously guys start talking some sense! It took me ten minutes to sort it out, granted the find your key link should have taken you somewhere useful instead of the middle of nowhere in the si games website but if you follow the manual instructions it tells you to come to the forums for help if the troubleshoot section on web can't sort you out (which to be fair is useless and mentions nothing about this issue). Seriously I aint no genius and IMO people who aren't buying the game because of DRM, steam or whatever you are talking about, well thats just silly, you are only depriving yourself of the new game, you've made your points about it, so either buy it and get playing or don't buy it and stop moaning, whats done is done!

There shouldn't be anything to resolve though bro that's the point. SI have implemented an absolutely dire process of activation and punished people that have bought the game legally.

SI have only served to increase piracy rather than preventing it. Who is going to trust or want to go through this process again?

And I think this is the post of the day to be honest.

Who is going to want to spend good money in todays climate on a game like this only to have so many issues installing it?? It drives people like us to piracy. I'm not condoning it, but these issues actually make piracy an attractive option.

didipuff totally agree. I have friends and family memebers who are not aware of this site and will be struggling to work out whats going on when they try to get the game running. I will be explaining to them the issues but there will be many FM gamers not knowing whats going on!

Poor poor poor, despite the people trying to defend the game, there is no doubt this is a shambles, from whatever point you look at it! You wouldnt go and buy a pair of jeans and the person behind the till says sorry do this this this and this before you can wear them.

Archived