Try to authenticate and says i'm not connected to the internet

If you're having trouble with your keycode or experiencing errors [-51] or [-52] then ensure that you read http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=61131

As I've just posted on another thread, it appears that this is happening to a lot of people at present. There are some replies from Sega on the main thread about this: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=60961&page=8

yeah ive been trying to activate this game for nearly two hours! im well p*ssed off!

Guys i have played the game, although it crashed when I went to play my first match, although i think i can fix that. My problem is that it will not let me play the game, it just says when i click on the stream icon that the game is not available

Any Ideas

Same for me guys, I think...

I registered with Steam so when I put the disk in it asked me if I wished to download with Steam, so I said yes.

The keycode was accepted, the game installed and the patch updated by steam. Now when I launch the game with Steam it opens up an SI online activation page and asks me to put the keycode in again, when I do so it says 'We are sorry but this FM 2009 Certificate could not be activated because the application was unable to connect to the internet, please check your connection'.

I'm not one to complain at all usually, in fact I love the demo of FM09 and can't wait to finally run the full game, but I am having the same no connection issue. I appreciate the fact that SI/Sega or whoever is trying to work on this SoftAnchor problem but the whole installation process is just rediculous. So many of these issues could have been prevented if some tests had been run...

- problem with the 1/I, 0/O etc on the activation code

- problem with SoftAnchor

And then there's also the annoyances of sitting through the patch being downloaded through steam before you can even start up the game. I really just wanted to try the full game until the patch was done downloading, but when I attempted to start up the game and realized I couldn't through a pop-up steam message the download reset to 0% after I closed it.

I'll get the game installed eventually, and I'll love it I'm positive of that. But any company, especially of the size of SI/SEGA, needs to do some testing before their product reaches their clients.

Archived