Install problems. Please help.

Pfff....

Ok, just spend a frustrating hour trying to install FM09, but I've ran into a problem which I can't seem to get solved. I'm hoping someone's able to help me.

I installed FM09 through Steam last night, entered the keycode, however I noticed I wasn't able to direct where it installed the game. Ok, never mind that, I just want to play already. It installed, it updated, and I was able to play, yay.

After 4 hours and me getting sleepy, I decide to continue the next day, with a deinstall - reinstall, but this time not through Steam so I can access the advanced install options and pick the location where I want the game to be put. Long story short, I've done that and now I can no longer get the game to work.

First I backed up my game. Then I deinstalled using Steam. Steam now says the game has been removed. I then restarted the installation process, but picked the uniloc/phone install option and installed the game somewhere else on my harddrive, a games partition.

Install works, no problem there, but from there on the horror starts.

- When I want to register the game through Steam, to update the game, it says my code, which was valid last night, is no longer valid.

- When I try and register through SoftAnchor, it says I can't connect through the internet (please explain how I'm able to put this post online then).

Why is my keycode working 12 hours ago and now it isn't? I'm 100% sure I've punched it in correctly, I've done the same thing 12 hours ago, so I know I'm not being stupid.

I just want to play the game. Can anyone help me?

*frustrated* :mad:

Pfff....

Ok, just spend a frustrating hour trying to install FM09, but I've ran into a problem which I can't seem to get solved. I'm hoping someone's able to help me.

I installed FM09 through Steam last night, entered the keycode, however I noticed I wasn't able to direct where it installed the game. Ok, never mind that, I just want to play already. It installed, it updated, and I was able to play, yay.

After 4 hours and me getting sleepy, I decide to continue the next day, with a deinstall - reinstall, but this time not through Steam so I can access the advanced install options and pick the location where I want the game to be put. Long story short, I've done that and now I can no longer get the game to work.

First I backed up my game. Then I deinstalled using Steam. Steam now says the game has been removed. I then restarted the installation process, but picked the uniloc/phone install option and installed the game somewhere else on my harddrive, a games partition.

Install works, no problem there, but from there on the horror starts.

- When I want to register the game through Steam, to update the game, it says my code, which was valid last night, is no longer valid.

- When I try and register through SoftAnchor, it says I can't connect through the internet (please explain how I'm able to put this post online then).

Why is my keycode working 12 hours ago and now it isn't? I'm 100% sure I've punched it in correctly, I've done the same thing 12 hours ago, so I know I'm not being stupid.

I just want to play the game. Can anyone help me?

*frustrated* :mad:

For SoftAnchor, disable your firewall then try.

Same problems with the SoftAnchor .. Firewall is off .. apparently I'm not connected to the internet ..

Been trying to get the damn thing working for 4 hours .. biggest load of crap I've ever had to deal with in getting a game to work .. looks like a visit back to the shops is in order ..

Archived