A picture is worth a thousand words

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/sheeshkebab/grr.jpg

I've turned off Windows Firewall, in case this was blocking it, and still nothing.

If I deliberately put in the WRONG keycode it says it is wrong, which is fine, as it shows the application CAN connect to the internet.

Any help would be much appreciated.

By the way, cracking link if you are having issues with your keycode (I had many O's and 1's in mine) - http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/

Sorry, just found the -51 fix, I didn't reboot - I'll be back to see if this works

Rebooted, no luck. Running Windows Update now

WORKING

Mate this has nothing to do with the keycode you are entering. Make sure the date on your computer is correct! If it's not then change this and you'll be able to authenticate the game.

When you try to start up the game after auth it'll give an error but if you reapply the patch you'll be good to go :)

Mate this has nothing to do with the keycode you are entering. Make sure the date on your computer is correct! If it's not then change this and you'll be able to authenticate the game.

When you try to start up the game after auth it'll give an error but if you reapply the patch you'll be good to go :)

I know its nothing to do with the keycode. I was just making a point that it CAN connect to the internet, with the wrong keycode, but not with what I assume is the right one.

The date on my PC is fine.

Guys - if you are getting the SoftAnchor 'cannot connect to Internet' rubbish (as was I) try this out if you do not mind using Steam.

Uninstall the game (FM, not Steam if you have it)

Reboot

Insert FM disc - when you are asked to select authentication route (Steam or SoftAnchor) select Steam

Steam will connect your account (assuming you have one) and ask for you authentication code before it does anything else

Insert authentication code - if you input correctly (bear in mind I put mine into the link provided by SI to check it, copy/pasted the contents into a text file so as not to make another translation mistake, split the code into chunks of 5 and then copied them chunk by chunk into the authentication windows)

Should authenticate and then install/auto-download the update.

This worked for me after I gave up with SoftAnchor.

Guys - if you are getting the SoftAnchor 'cannot connect to Internet' rubbish (as was I) try this out if you do not mind using Steam.

Reboot

Insert FM disc - when you are asked to select authentication route (Steam or SoftAnchor) select Steam

Steam will connect your account (assuming you have one) and ask for you authentication code before it does anything else

Insert authentication code - if you input correctly (bear in mind I put mine into the link provided by SI to check it, copy/pasted the contents into a text file so as not to make another translation mistake, split the code into chunks of 5 and then copied them chunk by chunk into the authentication windows)

I don't really want to install Steam, if at all possible.

Reboot

This is complete madness.

I tried your idea, but when I choose "play game" in STEAM I have to write my code again. Unfortunately I get the same error as many others with SoftAnchor !!!!!!!!

There working on fixing the issue, I'm afraid your just going to have to be patience. While that might not seem helpful to you, that's all I can say.

That's fine. I can be patient. I'll give you 12 hours, then I'll be needing an explanation, to be honest.

Anyone who still hasn't got it working:

I was having the same problems yesterday, before i realised i got the keycode wrong. After i changed it, it worked first time. This may be total co-incidence, but its worth making yourself 100% sure that you've got the code right

Archived