Online Activation ERROR [-703] ??????

I have installed the game via steam and when i launch it i choose the option to copy my key to the clipboard and paste it into the activation key request but it fails and returns this message:

We were unable to process your unlock request. To recieve a new key visit www.sigames.com

Error : [-703]

What does this mean and how do i resolve it?????

i got the same through soft anchor

first it was initializing and telling me i had no internet connection and now this

please help me i am so desperate right now i might break down

Its down to SI doing work on the servers now. From what I have been told this error is down to the work being doing to fix these activation problems and its slowing the servers right down.

Obviously there is a lot of people trying to activate which wont help with the server load.

Correct me if Im wrong SI/SEGA

Same here i originally installed through steam then after reading posts on the forum unistalled then reinstalled using the uniloc option. When the game was installed throught steams the softanchor said it couldnt connect to the internet, now i have reinstalled it, its gives the 703 error msg. This is doing my head in. Anyone know what to do?

same here spent ages with message "the application unable to connect to internet" then now iam getting 703 code. This is totally taking the MICK - iam glad i didnt pay £29.99 for this got mine from Morrisons for £24.99, feel sorry for those who paid fullprice for what basically is a yearly update. And to add insult to injury this Drm is utter *****:mad::mad::mad::mad:.

wel in response to what everyone is saying....i believe this is no longer a support forum page it has turned into a page were everyone comes to voice their anger and dissapoinment at sports interactive...after all the beautiful ads and youtube b*****t then we wait for it spend whateva 30 pounds or 25 pounds to then have to go sumwhere to verify we bought the item...

why did they do that

and if they really wanted veryfication they should have had the organised a way of verifying the cd bought either over the counter when you were buying it or sumting not sum useless company that obviously isnt reliable....

I've got this too. I'm sure SI are more annoyed than us right now, but this is really poor.

Has anyone had this -703 error and subsequently managed to get the thing working?

I was getting the "has not connected to the internet message" every time and now I get the error -703 error aswell.

What is the -703 error?

There no mention by SI.

When I pay for a game I expect to be able to play it. This is rediculous treatment of legitimate customers.

I tried the phone activation but the offices were closed for the weekend.

I'm glad i'm not the only one. I was starting to wonder if I had done something wrong.

I've been looking forward to playing this all day, and now can't. This is an absolute joke.

Would be nice if someone from SI/SEGA would post here to let us know what is going on!

Surely this can only go down as one of the worst game releases in history. As a paying customer I am also appalled that this has happened. Me and the majority of my mates have purchased this game since the 2005 release and up until now I have loved it. As with this one, Im sure the game is great, if only I could play it!

SI/SEGA, it is all very well creating new complicated pieces of software to stop people from copying you games. However, to release it to the market without proper testing and subjecting paying customers to this is simply unforgivable. You do not expect to pay £30 of well earned money on a screen that tells you that the game is unable to be registered. Furthermore, instead of trying to apologise for this, we (the customers) are simply told to "be patient" on your homepage, which is also suffereing due to increased server demand from outraged consumers.

Regards

A former Football Manager fan

Keep trying guys!

Mine has finally activated after god knows how many attempts.

Good luck.

Glad to hear some one with a -703 error got it working.

How did you do?

Did you type your code in lower or upper case?

Did you exit the process after each failure?

Did you sprinkle magic dust on your PC?

Glad to hear some one with a -703 error got it working.

How did you do?

Did you type your code in lower or upper case?

Did you exit the process after each failure?

Did you sprinkle magic dust on your PC?

I also got a -703 error. And a 1007 one. And I finally got it working.

I just got fed with the continuous fails, so Ï started playing a TOAWIII game to keep me distracted, and clicking back-and-continue now and then in the activation window instead of trying time after time nonstop.

I wrote the code in upper case.

I never exitted the process. Kept hitting Back and Continue all the time.

Eventually got it working. Has taken almost 10 hours since I bought the game, tho.

Hope you guys soon are able to register. Just keep trying. No other solution as I see it right now.

Archived