How did you activate the game?

Which activation method did you use?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Which activation method did you use?

• Steam
    • Uniloc Internet
    • Uniloc Phone

How did you guys activate the game and why did you choose that method? How does it work out for you?

I personally used Uniloc, because I don't think it is a problem to update the game manually as I always did and feel no need to make an account on Steam. If I am correct, all updates that go through steam will be available on the website as well. Maybe an hour later, but still. Therefore I don't really see any good reason to install the steam software and make an account.

I did steam, but it kept annoyning me, so uninstalled steam and Fm started again and did uniloc internet. Much better. Old school patch no prob.

Exactly what I did, seeing as the patch D/L 4 times a quick via torrent as it did by steam.

I used Steam for the demo and I didn't like it at all. It put the FM folder in its own 'steamapps' folder hidden away. It also kept loading up each time I started up my PC. So I quickly decided to get rid of it.

Uniloc for me was the best option. No interferring with my computer, no downloading extra applications, no problems and it installed in the usual place. :thup:

I prefer to download the patch and install manually and like to know where things are on my PC.

I used the online activation - and it was a breeze. There are some seriously unlucky people around judging by the problems a few are having.

I can't understand why anyone would take the game back to the shop though after, what, a few hours of trying to register it? Seems to me you can't have wanted the game that badly.

After all, you can be sure that SI/Sega will iron out the various registration problems over the next day or so... is it so much to ask to be patient for a while in order to get something you really want?

Archived