Mac and Steam: Warning

I received information about Steam via an email and thought it sounded like a smart option. The footballmanager.com website and the steam website both mention that their game is for PC/MAC so I paid for steam

However, the steam software itself is only for PCs and thus is not an option for Mac users.

I've since had a refund (very promptly, without issue) which solves the problem for me, but I do think SEGA and Steam need to be clearer on their websites.

So save yourself the trouble, don't use steam if you're a mac user

J

I received information about Steam via an email and thought it sounded like a smart option. The footballmanager.com website and the steam website both mention that their game is for PC/MAC so I paid for steam

However, the steam software itself is only for PCs and thus is not an option for Mac users.

I've since had a refund (very promptly, without issue) which solves the problem for me, but I do think SEGA and Steam need to be clearer on their websites.

So save yourself the trouble, don't use steam if you're a mac user

J

There's been a well known running argument between Valve (Half Life / Steam) and Apple for a good few years now, Valve are so annoyed at Apple's procedures they refuse to make a mac version.

Archived