FM2009 Install Instructions

After reading what seems a million msg's regarding how to install/authenticate, who how what does this or that.... i thought i would post a quick thread hopefully simplifying things.

Before i do ill just try and cut through the jargon a bit.

Authentication /Validation = Same Thing, Basically the copy protection side of the

game.

Steam = Web based application designed to allow users to d/l, update pc games.

Here goes.

Retail (boxed version)

* - [buy FM2009]

*- [install Game to the point where it asks you if you to authenticate.]

(a quick word re authentication.. You HAVE to authenticate every install.... this is how the game protects itself from pirates. )

[Option 1] - Choose to install steam and authenticate (this process will install a web based piece of software which will automatically patch the game for you.) The downside is steam HAS to be running for you to play FM2009 even after you have authenticated your install. therefore no web access = no play FM2009.

[Option 2] - Choose to validate via Uniloc, a one time validation per install. no web connection is required to play. however the owness is on you to download and install the patches yourself, (my preferred version)

[Option 3] - Finish the install and validate via telephone. the number is usually free from landlines. Again one validation per install, owness is on you to download and install patches.

You obviously need to decide which option is best for you.

hope this helps

J

After reading what seems a million msg's regarding how to install/authenticate, who how what does this or that.... i thought i would post a quick thread hopefully simplifying things.

Before i do ill just try and cut through the jargon a bit.

Authentication /Validation = Same Thing, Basically the copy protection side of the

game.

Steam = Web based application designed to allow users to d/l, update pc games.

Here goes.

Retail (boxed version)

* - [buy FM2009]

*- [install Game to the point where it asks you if you to authenticate.]

(a quick word re authentication.. You HAVE to authenticate every install.... this is how the game protects itself from pirates. )

[Option 1] - Choose to install steam and authenticate (this process will install a web based piece of software which will automatically patch the game for you.) The downside is steam HAS to be running for you to play FM2009 even after you have authenticated your install. therefore no web access = no play FM2009.

[Option 2] - Choose to validate via Uniloc, a one time validation per install. no web connection is required to play. however the owness is on you to download and install the patches yourself, (my preferred version)

[Option 3] - Finish the install and validate via telephone. the number is usually free from landlines. Again one validation per install, owness is on you to download and install patches.

You obviously need to decide which option is best for you.

hope this helps

J

Option 1 is not true AT ALL-think before you post my friend

Archived