Just got FM from Woolworths

Installed the Game With the Activate through the Telephone option

Game Installed cannot activate it cannot play it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CANNOT PLAY IT £26 CANNOT PLAY IT

My PC Spec

Windows Vista Home

Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 3.40GHz

8.00 GB RAM

ATI Radeon HD 4600XT

This Is Rubbish

I WANT ANSWERS NOW TEAMS UP WITH STEAM NEW IT WOULD ALL GO WRONG WELL DONE GUYS ANOTHER FINE MESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You attempted to authenticate using the telephone method and you are criticising Steam?

Im not quite following....Perhaps you should try using the Steam method, which will more than likely work for you, than sitting her whining about Steam ruining everything without attempting to authenticate using it.

This is a real new level of shambles for SI, we all come to expect data bugs and issues every year now but this whole thing of having to acctivate the game and wait for a patch to be downloaded really does take the biscuit. There's no way that as consumers this product is acceptable. As for the whole Steam involvement... what a load of rubbish! I just installed the game with it and the update then went to try play it and it comes up with Game Unavailable or some nonsense... What do you mean game unavailable i have just spent £27 on the thing for a 3rd party compant to tell me i can't play it!? If i bought a Lacoste shirt i wouldn't expect Hugo Boss to pop round my house telling me i can't wear it! SI seriously need to consider bringing out a new game every two years and a data update each season as its getting to a place now where the game is litterally unplayable on day of 'release'.

This is a real new level of shambles for SI, we all come to expect data bugs and issues every year now but this whole thing of having to acctivate the game and wait for a patch to be downloaded really does take the biscuit. There's no way that as consumers this product is acceptable. As for the whole Steam involvement... what a load of rubbish! I just installed the game with it and the update then went to try play it and it comes up with Game Unavailable or some nonsense... What do you mean game unavailable i have just spent £27 on the thing for a 3rd party compant to tell me i can't play it!? If i bought a Lacoste shirt i wouldn't expect Hugo Boss to pop round my house telling me i can't wear it! SI seriously need to consider bringing out a new game every two years and a data update each season as its getting to a place now where the game is litterally unplayable on day of 'release'.

Blah, blah, blah, stop moaning and go and play the game, its brilliant.

A bit over the top don't you think? There were some issues with 0's looking like o's and 1's looking like I's in the activiation codes but SI put up a thread a long time ago detailing the issue and giving advice on how to fix it.

I'd hardly say that condtitutes the release being a 'shambles' :rolleyes:

I wish it was unplayable - I wouldn't have been glued to it until 3:30 in the morning last night, and I wouldn't be so tired now :D

Maybe if pirated copies of FM didn't hugely outstrip sold copies, we wouldn't have to live with authentication...

A bit over the top don't you think? There were some issues with 0's looking like o's and 1's looking like I's in the activiation codes but SI put up a thread a long time ago detailing the issue and giving advice on how to fix it.

I'd hardly say that condtitutes the release being a 'shambles' :rolleyes:

Never had an issue with the o 0's thing, i have an issue with Steam telling me the game is unavailable. I would say the whole thing is a shambles. Shouldn't need a internet connection, phone line or to look in threads to play a PC game.

Anything that is stopping me playing the game due to a 3rd party getting involved in my purchase is a shambles. I've had the game over an hour and a half and can't play it. I'd definately 'say that condtitutes the release being a shambles'.

Never had an issue with the o 0's thing, i have an issue with Steam telling me the game is unavailable. I would say the whole thing is a shambles. Shouldn't need a internet connection, phone line or to look in threads to play a PC game.

Anything that is stopping me playing the game due to a 3rd party getting involved in my purchase is a shambles. I've had the game over an hour and a half and can't play it. I'd definately 'say that condtitutes the release being a shambles'.

what happened when you tried to activate via Uniloc?

Where are you based?

I'm just doing it through Uniloc now, i can safely say that Steam will never darken my hall ways again!

I'm in Northampton. Don't get me wrong i'm not boycotting this game i just think its ridiculous all this crap we have to go through to play a game that i have purchased. I know its an anti-piracy procedure but its also going to be a diterrant for fans like me who have been playing the game for 15 years. Before SI try stopping people playing pirate copies they need to make sure people are able to play legal copies! Preach!

Archived