Imagine my surprise, game ruined by DRM!

Is it not just due to the fact that the phone lines will be massively busy this morning with people trying to activate?

Do you not have the internet at home?

Don't need the internet at home, I am round at my Mums! (I am a thirty five year old pilot btw)

SI might have thought that the lines could get busy no?

King Kenny - which country are you in?

There is a thread that says that all error 51's have been sorted with the fix given - Any chance that can be changed as it is clearly untrue.

At this rate people will have the game illegally before myself who bought it at 6am for over $50 via steam

• SI Staff
I am in the UK. I have got through twice, but after the third response key, it says that the code is not correct.

Can I just do this online?

Thanks for any help

For issues with the authentication key, go to http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=61131

There is a thread that says that all error 51's have been sorted with the fix given - Any chance that can be changed as it is clearly untrue.

At this rate people will have the game illegally before myself who bought it at 6am for over $50 via steam

I understand your frustration Jasewood - if you can expand on your problem please, then Murray can have a look at it when he's back online, as he is under the impression that all error 51's were sorted with the fix given.

This is exactly my problem too... I cannot activate the game because I cant tell the difference between a 'z' '2' 'o' or a '0'. And I cannot even get through on the phone lines either... This has to be the worse ever launch to a game in history.... its a shambles.

SI / Miles you should be utterly ashamed of yourselves!

I am going back to PC World to demand a refund! bloody useless!

This is exactly my problem too... I cannot activate the game because I cant tell the difference between a 'z' '2' 'o' or a '0'. And I cannot even get through on the phone lines either... This has to be the worse ever launch to a game in history.... its a shambles.

SI / Miles you should be utterly ashamed of yourselves!

I am going back to PC World to demand a refund! bloody useless!

Try this:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=61131

Thank you for the link Chopper, but its too late... SI games have totally screwed up on this launch - Its going back to the shops!

Fair enough, sounds like you're going over the top to me bit each to there own.

Si have had problems with the activation codes but the thread I linked you to has been stuck at the top of the page for long enough.

I understand your frustration Jasewood - if you can expand on your problem please, then Murray can have a look at it when he's back online, as he is under the impression that all error 51's were sorted with the fix given.

I tried all the fixes given in another post in regards to the firewall/time/reboot and nothing is working. Im running on Vista, I bought the game this morning and was given a code from steam but it comes up error -51......

I can't see much chance of getting a refund through steam either.

you appear to have misunderstood me chopper.

I have done the new key code thing, I just need to know where I can go online to enter it, so I haven't got to listen to some stoopid lady on the phone telling me that my code doesn't work.

If anyone has a link for this on steam or uniloc, I'd be very grateful

I have done the new key code thing, I just need to know where I can go online to enter it, so I haven't got to listen to some stoopid lady on the phone telling me that my code doesn't work.

You choose the activation method when installing the game.

You choose the activation method when installing the game.

Gee thanks, very helpful!

I may have chosen it, but I didn't create it did I, so not really my fault.

Is it even possible to authenticate it on the internet if the computer I want to play it on isn't online?

• SI Staff

Uninstall the game.

Re-install the game, and choose to register through Uniloc. Then choose the online method, rather than the telephone method.

It would appear that the code on the back of the booklet is not correct. Ihave put it into the SIgames key code thingy, and guess what - that's not a valid unlock key either!

Any one got any more ideas as to how I can turn the £40 and the waste of my day into something like actually playing the game I bought?

For the love of God, do you have alink to the uniloc page I need? I have googled and googled uniloc and I can't find anything........I am close eating my own arm in frustration

You activate uniloc by choosing the uniloc option when installing the game. There isn't an external link. Which is what I was trying to say before.

Have you tried authenticating through Steam? I beleive you can then move the installation over to another computer (I'm not 100% sure on this though).

I bought the boxed version but chose the steam option to authenticate my copy and it's taking forever! I just thought load the disc, install the game and play but apparently it has to update and load from steam? Is this to do with the patch or normal procedure?

Yes, it does update the game with the patch.

For the love of God, do you have alink to the uniloc page I need? I have googled and googled uniloc and I can't find anything........I am close eating my own arm in frustration

King Kenny - see Miles' reply to you above.

You activate the game when you install as part of the install process, there is no online address to go to. If the game is already installed, uninstall it and re-install it.

If you are yet to install it then you will see the bit where you enter the code.

Thank the pirates.

The pirates don't give a monkey's, they will still have a cracked version of the game later on today while we are trying to activate ours.

I had the same trouble with FarCry2.

The pirates don't give a monkey's, they will still have a cracked version of the game later on today while we are trying to activate ours.

I had the same trouble with FarCry2.

That's not the point. The point is that pirates are forcing companies to have to try new methods to at least hinder the pirates, this being one of those methods.

Last year there were pirate copies of FM09 on the net about 3 days before it was released. This year that has not been the case so SI will see it as a success.

ok, to avoid confusion here is my situation:

1. Bought a boxed copy

2. Installed it

3. got the Soft Anchor page asking for product key

4. I am told this is incorrect when I press paste

5. I have two options - Online Activation or Phone activation

6. I have tried phone twice, and each time after 5 minutes it says that my key is invalid

7. I have put the key into the SI gnerator thing, and that key don't work either

8. My laptop (bought especially for FM09) is NOT online, I am at my mother's house using hers

9. QUESTION:

Is there somewhere online I can go (not on my laptop of course which has the game installed on it) to activate the game as the phone option DOES NOT WORK.

10. Is it really the case that if you aren't downloading the game, or if the computer that the game is on is not online, you CANNOT PLAY IT?

PLease some one stop me from kicking the cat really hard

King Kenny - when you install, choose Uniloc. Then after it's installed, run the game. The first time you run it, it will ask for your code. Use this link:

http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/

and punch in your code just using 0's and 1's for all the ones that look like 0's and 1's. This will then give you the correct code in lower case to enter into the game.

Hope that helps. It's a shame you can't get through on the phone lines though...

EDIT: Although that won't help if your laptop is not online. :(

ok, to avoid confusion here is my situation:

Is there somewhere online I can go (not on my laptop of course which has the game installed on it) to activate the game as the phone option DOES NOT WORK.

10. Is it really the case that if you aren't downloading the game, or if the computer that the game is on is not online, you CANNOT PLAY IT?

PLease some one stop me from kicking the cat really hard

You can activate the game only on the computer where it is installed, as the activation key is for the computer, not for the user.

You can play the game after activation without being conncted to the internet.

King Kenny, like I said in my previous post, I think you can activate through Steam and then move the game over to another computer BUT I'm not 100% sure on this. I think I've seen it posted somewhere, I will try to find the post again.

King Kenny - when you install, choose Uniloc. Then after it's installed, run the game. The first time you run it, it will ask for your code. Use this link:

http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/

and punch in your code just using 0's and 1's for all the ones that look like 0's and 1's. This will then give you the correct code in lower case to enter into the game.

Hope that helps. It's a shame you can't get through on the phone lines though...

EDIT: Although that won't help if your laptop is not online. :(

Hi mate,

Thanks for the help, but I have already tried to enter the key into the new key generator thing and that key is wrong as well.

I do not fancy the cat's chances......

King Kenny, like I said in my previous post, I think you can activate through Steam and then move the game over to another computer BUT I'm not 100% sure on this. I think I've seen it posted somewhere, I will try to find the post again.

He can move the game to another computer, but he has to activate the other computer as well. That's why there are 5 activation keys.

You can activate the game only on the computer where it is installed, as the activation key is for the computer, not for the user.

You can play the game after activation without being conncted to the internet.

Hi KUbi,

Thanks for trying to help. Is it a simple case that the computer on which the game is installed, must be online?

Can you maybe take your laptop round to your mums, use her internet to activate it and then once that's done you can just play from home as you don't need to be online?

Bit of a hassle I know, but it seems like it might be your best bet.

Hi,

I am there now, but the old bat has forgotten the password for her wireless!

If the cat looks at me one more time...........

Hi KUbi,

Thanks for trying to help. Is it a simple case that the computer on which the game is installed, must be online?

The computer must only be online for online activation/authentication. You can play the activated game anywhere and anytime, with or without internet connection.

He can move the game to another computer, but he has to activate the other computer as well. That's why there are 5 activation keys.

Ahh, so if i activate her PC, do I have to buy the game again from Steam?

I have registered for Steam just now, but can't find where to do the authenticating, rather than the buying!

The game is registered on your steam account. If you go to your account from a different computer you can activate the game again, using your second out of 5 keys. You don't have to buy it again.

I think on the my games page there's a button at the bottom for activating a product on Steam.

Alternatively, can you not just plug her modem straight into your laptop? Instead of running the wire from her modem to her router, can you run it from the modem to your laptop?

Archived