Trouble finding work

I don't know if anyone else has experienced this but I seem to be having more trouble finding work than in previous versions.

I started a new game with all the English, Scottish, Welsh, Northern Irish, Italian, French and Spanish leagues. My experience was set to automatic and I went on holiday immediately, applying for all jobs and asking to be prompted when I received a job offer.

I was offered a job straight away with a Northern Irish club but I turned it down because there were plenty of other jobs available at the time and I was hoping for a Scottish league club. Needless to say I didn't get offered one.

2 years of holiday later and I've not received another offer yet, I've even been overlooked by clubs from the same league as my first job offer.

Anyone else noticed this? Hopefully It's just my bad luck.

It was the same on 08 if you set reputation to Automatic. It's Northern Ireland only, I'm afraid. Once you enter Northern Ireland, you can't leave either. You're destined to see out your career at Chimney Corner. Either that or win something and get an offer from Elgin City.

Archived