how long does a season take you?

Sunday just gone, I was hungover and woke up at 8AM. Decided not to ruin my long-career game so uploaded Leeds with no debts and a stonking transfer budget via the editor (I didn't want to think about balancing the books on a day like that). Other than a 2-hour break in the middle, I played it pretty much non-stop from 9AM with newss, two footie matches and a movie showing on my telly at different points throughout the day. Finished my season 8PM and got to the start of next season's friendlies.

So, 8-9 hours in total. But could probably do it 6 or 7 if I was that way inclined.

Depends on a huge number of factors. In a relatively fast-paced game though (in terms of processing time - number of leagues, number of managers I have active etc) I would take around a week of real time.

Sometimes I get far more onvolved in micro-managing though or spend ages looking through scouting reports or whatever when looking for players to sign.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by backpackant:

Decided not to ruin my long-career game so uploaded Leeds with no debts and a stonking transfer budget... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"Stonking"? Definition, please.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Stonking"? Definition, please. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Stonking...AKA English slang for greta, huge, amazing etc etc icon14.gif

Just started season 2 with my latest save game and I'm on 2 days and 19 hours. some of that is probably just leaving the game running while I do other things but I am a slow player.

I'd estimate that a season in the English leagues will take me 48 hours. I played a Norwegian game in 07 and could finish one of there seasons in 24 hours.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Maviarab:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Stonking"? Definition, please. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Stonking...AKA English slang for greta, huge, amazing etc etc icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tom =):

Probably about 3 hours - 1 day ( In Real Time) depends if im hardcore playing, or doing other things inbetween the day. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

3 hours for an entire season? How do play matches? At ultra-high speed?

About 30 hours a season for me. It's slow! since I have a bad habit of checking everything after every match. Check the finance, scout reports and as I play complete squad rotation (Rafa like style), it takes me to set up different combination of players. Also I have 3 sets of tactics (different formation) so I need to make changes ...blah blah blah... to fit the players chosen.

Maybe I should go with the less detail for a better speed.

Yet 30 hours play time would be about 1 week. That's why I'm still only in the 3rd season icon_rolleyes.gif

For some reason, I cant last loads of seasons in the one game, i just get bored and want a different challenge. I've managed to complete a whole season in the MLS and then finised half a season with sunderland before becoming manager of Dag and Red, which i got bored with after another half a season and just quit the game. So i went from Jan 2007 to Jan 2009 in about two weeks i think. But in FM 07 I was manager of Man Utd for four seasons and that took me around 8 Months!!!!!!!

Takes me a lot longer than it should.

Invariably I get caught up in some tactical discussion or other in the T&TT forum, whilst playing FM. If there's a good thread on the go or people asking for help, I end up plaing about 4-5 matches of my season only. icon_frown.gif

Really, I should dispose of my internet connection... icon_wink.gif

Archived