Manager pictures

Sorry if there is already a thread on this but I can't find one.

The game lets us choose a picture of ourselves when adding ourselves as a manager. However, each time I select a picture it doesn't seem to show (or it shows weird grey lines instead). Do the pictures need to be in a particular size or format? The manual doesn't even mention them.

I've started the game without a pic and now cant find out where to add/change the profile pic. I know its only cosmetic but can anyone point me in the right direction?

Ooh, let me know if this is possible, actually. I keep restarting my game until I'm happy with the size/look of my eyes in the user pic. At some point today we'll get down to playing some FOOT-BALL.

Try this from Jod123

Well the first thing you need to do is create a graphics folder in this location: "My Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2008 if you do not already have one.

The next thing is to save a picture of yourself in there as a PNG image with a size of 180 pixels by 180 pixels.

Then you create a config file. Go into a text editor like notepad and type the following:

<record>

<!-- resource manager options -->

<!-- dont preload anything in this folder -->

<boolean id="preload" value="false"/>

<!-- turn off auto mapping -->

<boolean id="amap" value="false"/>

<!-- logo mappings -->

<!-- the following XML maps pictures inside this folder into other positions

in the resource system, which allows this folder to be dropped into any

place in the graphics folder and still have the game pick up the graphics

files from the correct places

-->

<list id="maps">

<record from="NAME OF SAVED PICTURE" to="graphics/pictures/person/YOUR INGAME UNIQUE ID/portrait"/>

</list>

</record>

Save the fie in the graphics folder as config.xml (remembering to change the save as file type to all files).

When that is done go into preferences in the game and untick use skin cache and tick always reload skin on confirm. (These are in the display and sound section). Confirm the changes. Go back in and tick use skin cache and untick always reload skin on confirm. Confirm the changes.

Go to your profile and your pictures should be there.

Finding out your unique id

Your unique id can be found in the game by doing this.

Go to preferences and then go to display and sound.

Check show unique ids.

Confirm your changes and then go to your profle.

Your unique id should be at the top of the screen under your name.

Hopefully you get all that.

• SI Staff

You can do it another way as well

By using the instructions above, where it says YOUR INGAME UNIQUE ID if you put in your name and date of birth (in DD-MM) format then that should work and work every time you use that profile in the game.

For example,

<record from="NAME OF SAVED PICTURE" to="graphics/pictures/person/craig hunter 09-04/portrait"/>

You can do it another way as well

By using the instructions above, where it says YOUR INGAME UNIQUE ID if you put in your name and date of birth (in DD-MM) format then that should work and work every time you use that profile in the game.

For example,

<record from="NAME OF SAVED PICTURE" to="graphics/pictures/person/craig hunter 09-04/portrait"/>

Excellent, thanks for this. Not that I'm vain, but I do like seeing my piccy in the game

Archived