Best Place to Buy FM on the High Street

Buying FM today from a store somewhere but not sure where the cheapest place is, I've looked on the Asda and Tesco websites and Asda is only £25 but my friend went last night and they said all they have is Call of Duty 5 and World of Warcraft lol, same with Tesco. Is there much chance the staff wouldn't know about it and a delivery this morning might have some on (wishful thinking) or is it available elsewhere at that bargain price?!?!

Chris

Why do people leave it to buy off the high street, if you order online you would have got it cheaper and you would have it on Thursday.

Because I've bought games online before and they haven't arrived in time, the amount of people I know that didn't get GTA4 on release date has put me off pre-orders!

Why do people leave it to buy off the high street, if you order online you would have got it cheaper and you would have it on Thursday.

Uh... because I couldn't have played it until Friday anyway? The activation system means I couldn't have played it until today in any case. Plus, last year I didn't receive it til the following Monday. If it arrived today, anyhow, my postman doesn't turn up until 3pm! This way I spend £2 more (oh no, I'll be broke by Christmas) and know that I'll be playing it by 9am Friday. Sorted.

£27! That's where I'll be then. Trading in 08 too.

My local GameStation wasn't open early, could have picked my copy up before work if they were.

Well, I went to Asda in Dunstable but they didn't have any PC games at all - just a load of Call of Duty fans (they looked like characters, to be honest) buying Xbox games. So I went to grab a coffee from a coffee shop whilst waiting for Woolworths to open at 9, and noticed a massive feck-off Gamestation has opened next door to the coffee shop (I don't go into town much) so I nipped in on the off-chance and they had fecking thousands of them at £27 a piece. Job done.

My reason is so i can trade in old games on release day to decrease the cash value. £27.99 in Gamestation this morning, although the poster outside said £32.99... very strange!

I did this and pre-ordered from play.com still paid £30 and still haven't got the game :mad:

Well i was expecting to go into Leatherhead highstreet and get it, but the only shops i can think of having it dont have it, W H Smiths did but only got 2 copies in? and they have sold. Who gets 2 copies in and who brought them?

Im too ill to travel and am going to have to rely on my mum getting it, but then i have work at 5 so this is not a good day.

I always opt for the least likely places - you know the kind!

Many people will immediately go to HMV, Game etc because it's the obvious thing to do, but places like Morrisons, ASDA, Blockbusters, Woolworths.. have always had copies sitting on shelves whenever I've looked for a game in the past.

In saying that, a lot of it relies on luck and timing - if in doubt call up these shops and ask :)

Anyone bought from Zavvi or HMV yet - how much are they seilling it for?

I haven't bought the game from hmv but I did order a cd and guess what.....Like my copy of FM2009 from play.com it still hasn't arrived. I'm beginning to think this whole purchase online is a thoroughly bad idea. I think I'll just go to the shop from now on. Not impressed with either play.com or HMV. :mad:

Just got mine from GameStation - £27.99, the guy in there got me all excited when I went to trade in my copy of 08. Telling me I'd get £12 for it, only to scan it into the till to tell me all I'd get was £1!

I politely said not to bother about the trade in.

Archived