The Official Waiting For The Mac Patch Thread

Hi all,

Can anyone at SI/Sega clarify when the Mac version of the patch will be available? Miles mentioned that it would be available today in the main patch thread but then Muzchap from Sega said "the mac patch which is out next week" in the thread about dvd drives on Mac Book Air's.

Just trying to manage my own expectations so I can't accept when I can't start playing!! The box is in front and the game is installed... just need that patch!!!

Thanks,

ISU

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it's next week that's pretty bad, there might be less mac users than PC but surely it's important not to alienate your customers. It seems like they're ****ed up a bit in general in terms of how tech-savvy the average FM player is outside these forums. God knows how some people I work with will manage!

I love the indignation of Mac users. You'd think after so long they'd realise they were buying into a market that is fringe for ALL software companies who build games/programs primarily for Windows PCs.

You have had the game for 3+ days longer than us PC users and don't have to go through the hassle of activation etc, and you're complaining over what will likely amount to a 12-hour delay on your patch? Please.

Just relax, play the game, steer clear of right click, and ENJOY :D

Either the game is for the Mac, or it isn't. AFAIK this is the PC/Mac forum. ^

Personally I'm not 'indignant', I'm just keen to play the game and there's not much point starting with a patch imminent, nor with a bug that means one false click and your stuffed. :/

I love the indignation of Mac users. You'd think after so long they'd realise they were buying into a market that is fringe for ALL software companies who build games/programs primarily for Windows PCs.

You have had the game for 3+ days longer than us PC users and don't have to go through the hassle of activation etc, and you're complaining over what will likely amount to a 12-hour delay on your patch? Please.

Just relax, play the game, steer clear of right click, and ENJOY :D

You mean a game that's essentially ****ed in terms of injuries and other problems? I'd have been quite happy to have a functioning version on release day and authenticate through steam (it's not exactly hard).

Thanks Muzchap much appreciated.

And thanks SI - I appreciate the complexities of delivering everything accross multiple platforms and also appreciate that it's much better to deliver something of quality later than rush it out for equality!

Just need this day at the office to end so I can begin the next chapter in my FM history!!!

I'm sure they'll get it sorted out today, chill all!

I'm just hoping my copy of FM2009 turns up at some point! Been into the work postroom and the mail bags are there, so keeping my fingers crossed!

Cheers

Onkster

It's here! :) Fingers crossed we have a prelunchtime patch release, then I just might not make it back to my desk this savo! :D

I hate waiting, hope the patch for mac is soon!

Still a bit gutted that my MAC that i got exactly a year ago doesnt look like it will handle the 3d, anyone else got that dissapointment?

What kind of mac? I got my Macbook Pro last October and it's doing fine. If it's a standard Macbook it's no surprise, intel GMA chips aren't great.

I have a macbook with leopard purchased earlier this year and that struggles with the 3d a bit but plays the game very well - will be interesting to see how this performs after the patch...

I have also got one of the first Intel iMac with a core duo and ATI graphics card - this ran the 3d in the demo like a dream so I think this will be the mac of choice and then move the game onto the macbook if i'm travelling...

Can't wait for this patch!! Because I can't wait for the game!!!!

Fingers are still crossed!!

I want to, but how complicated would it be to install? I also worry that it still may not sort the 3d problem in which case id be wasting money.

Leopard is worth it, with or without FM :)

Tis a breeze to install, pop the disc in, click a few boxes, type a few bits in, wait for a bit.

Yea upgrade to leopard pronto, it's worth it regardless of FM and it is totally hassle free, I also did mine recently

its quite expensive and i will only want it if it enables 3d on FM. Would i need to backup my photos, music etc?

• SI Staff

It's always good to have everything backed up but the install didn't remove anything from my machine.

Also the minimum OSX for the game is 10.5.5 so provided your hardware also meets specs then upgrading to Leoprad should enable the 3D no problems :)

Another Mac user all ready to go... (Just posting to keep this up there on the forum)

Cheers SI looking forward to another year of late nights and arguments with my girlfriend on why it is not "a silly game"

Ha ha same mate, she hates it, even when shes asleep i cant play it lol

if i get arrested for speeding on the way home from work tonight i'm blaming you SI! just hope the patch is out by home time!

also, 3d ran **** for me on the demo.. i'm on a mbp - 3gb ram/2.33ghz/leopard :< mind you i just updated to 10.5.5.. was on 10.5 when i tested the demo, will this make much difference re: 3d?

You don't need to, but I would recommend you do.

I agree - I backed data up before upgrading - it's good practice - but in the end was totally unecessary. Smoothest upgrade I've ever done.

Whoever started the thread should rename it 'The Official Mac Ghetto Thread'.

Ha ha! I wish we could buy Muzchap a beer for all the help.

It's always good to have everything backed up but the install didn't remove anything from my machine.

Also the minimum OSX for the game is 10.5.5 so provided your hardware also meets specs then upgrading to Leoprad should enable the 3D no problems :)

How do i find out my specs?

Archived