Game freeze when starting up...?

I have a new lappy with good specs and ran 3d on the demo. However, I try to start a game using the following...

Large Database

All pictures etc

and 14 active leagues covering 10 countries.

Am i being ridiculous by expecting this to work?

After 5 minutes it makes no progress and reports that it isn't responding.

Am I going to get stuck having to play with just the A-league (I'm from Oz) and English leagues?

I have tried the latter as I want to have a muck around with Chelsea and it works. But when I go to a team like cagliari or L.A Galaxy, all but 2 or 3 players are greyed out. Will they appear once scouted? I want to find my own gems...

Cheers in advance,

Thats a lot of leagues you got running.. have you tried leaving the game for a min or so just to check if it continues or freezes for good??

I know, but I might like to make a move to any one of the other major leagues later on, who knows... Fark it, I spose I'll stick with the blues for this first save and move either to the A-league or Conference when i get bored. Cheers for the reply btw. Also, When I DL the patch from rapidshare, it came back telling me the code wasn't right or some other BS and it wouldn't install. As I am from Oz i cant register with steam and get the auto updates so will i just have to wait until thats fixed to get the patch or is there a work around for this? Its no biggie, I didn't find the demo terrible to play at all but it would be nice to initially start the game bug free...

Thanks

Wait longer than 5mins and see how that goes

"Not Responding" doesn't actually mean that when it comes to FM :)

I am experinceing the same problem, are others? Even if so it crashed 4 times for me last night in the space of two hours, i wouldnt expect this to happen, and waiting 5-10 mins I dont really find acceptable.

Archived