do you know the uk number

Hi there's plenty of sticky threads covering this - please can you read before posting a new thread!

If you are are using Vista and getting the error: "We're sorry but this installation of Football Manager 2009 could not be activated for the following reason: The application was unable to connect to the internet. Please check your connection."

This seems to be caused by vista being finicky about making a secure connection to the US activation servers. On McGeady10 machine we fixed this by doing the following:

1) We ran a windows update from windowsupdate.microsoft.com

2) We fixed his system clock! <- His clock was set one day ahead.

3) We then restarted his computer

After this series of changes we were able to activate without issue. Step #1 may not be needed - but on this particular computer there was an update of the network card drivers. We believe - (95% at this point) that fixing the system clock *was* the fix but we have not verified as of yet. Please PM me if you have quesion or need any help. I will up and active for the next few hours."

Hi there's plenty of sticky threads covering this - please can you read before posting a new thread!

If you are are using Vista and getting the error: "We're sorry but this installation of Football Manager 2009 could not be activated for the following reason: The application was unable to connect to the internet. Please check your connection."

This seems to be caused by vista being finicky about making a secure connection to the US activation servers. On McGeady10 machine we fixed this by doing the following:

1) We ran a windows update from windowsupdate.microsoft.com

2) We fixed his system clock! <- His clock was set one day ahead.

3) We then restarted his computer

After this series of changes we were able to activate without issue. Step #1 may not be needed - but on this particular computer there was an update of the network card drivers. We believe - (95% at this point) that fixing the system clock *was* the fix but we have not verified as of yet. Please PM me if you have quesion or need any help. I will up and active for the next few hours."

What about with XP, im getting the not connected error as well

This is ridiculous, I understand the need to prevent copyrights being broken, but we are already paying for the game!!! and then everyone I know is having this problem, how can this not be anticipated! Its flippin ridiculous......I'm not a happy customer anymorehttp://community.sigames.com/images/smilies/mad.gif

Well tbh, searching everywhere on the net everyone seems to be wondering WHY THE HELL HAVE U PICKED AN UNKNOWN COMPANY (Unilock SoftAnchor) TO RELEASE A MASSIVE:Y POPULAR game..............unless this is fixed asap I'll want my money bk, nowhere on the casing does it say u need internet connection to activate, and there is no phone numbers supplied for the activation process........

absolute farse.....incompetence to the highest level

:thdn: :thdn:

i managed to do it through steam but game crashed after 5 mins and then when went to reload it it said i needed a new key. how do i get that? since uninstalled game and tried to install through internet and having same problem again! what is going on? so much expectations and such a let down!

Exact same problems as everyone else, the bloodly game will not activate. Total farce, PLEASE SI tell us what is going on?????

Im gonna try to activate it in a few hours, if it still does't work, im taking it back to the shop to get a refund. If they won't refund me i am gonna contact the office of fair trading/ trading standards to report this. I have spent 5 HOURS!! trying to get this game to work.

DISGRACE!!!

I am very dissapointed because I have the same problem and I can't play to a game that I have paid.

This is a disaster! :mad:

My God! Why have we the customers to suffer these hated anti-piracy systems?

Please, I WANT TO PLAY.

I'm not a PIRATE. I have purchased a valid license. This is a nightmare. :thdn:

Right! after sitting here for 6 hours going mad I finally managed to get through to Sega, after having a go at them they have told me that the server couldnt handle the amount of activation requests and that the they have engineers on the case as we speak, ive been told the best and only thing we can do is unfortunatly just wait a few hours. Sorry I have no better news

P.S. Hemple your laptop will be fine, your in the same boat as the rest of us

i dont care if vista is finicky about making a secure connection to the US activation servers. This is not my problem its yous SI and your stupid ****ing 3rd part drm partner (softanchor)

iam not going to do any work arround that you suggest 1st. i dont have the computing experience to fix the system clock i wouldnt even know where to look in vista to do so and iam not going to start mucking about with window files just to activate your stupid product.

you sort it out - fix whatever the problem is - to allow us to activate fm09 and play it.

lets start a patition!!! no more steam, no more soft anchor, no more crap in general. sort urselfs out sega sharpish. theyre defo makin a bomb in sales nd theyve been preparin this game for eternity so its such a schoolboy error. how cud they not expect so much demand? do they not no the mighty fm 09's power? lolol. tried downloadin all the new updates and even managed to sync my system clock, nd even after that long trek it still didnt work!!!!! DISGRACE!!!!!!!!!!

Well I can understand the importance that SI and Sega have and even the useful role that Steam can play in the authentication process. However, SoftAnchor seems like an additional layer of unmerited bureaucracy, having already authenticated the game with Steam. It's too late for this release, but hopefully they will be dispensed with in future versions.

this is stupid why did they need this key code as its pointless as piracy will still happen i bet.

and the pirates will still get to play the game before us.

well they got people working on it so they doing something atleast but they should of seen the problem happening and changed things.

better be working before monday as this is just pure stupid.

i want to play the game

Unfortunately, all this is simply a great advert for piracy.

However, people such as Muzchap's help is appreciated, I can understand that today must be a horrendous day for you.

However that Vista issue, regarding authenticating the game, if correct is a joke. I'm not one to criticise SI, I'm really not, check my post history if you have to - but this is no good. A real shame tbh, but I'll wait and I'll wait.

Good luck chaps :thup:

so what u have to wait a few extra hours becoz the servers are messed up, one minute ur kissing SI team arses the next minute ur slagging them of coz something is wrong. u make me sick. and dont give me that baloney "i paid £30 for this game i expect it to work" it will work when its fixed. how many of u have actually messed up at work or done something that takes abit more time coz of a fault u made. that is of course if u do work and dont dole doss in which case u have no say about anything coz i bought ur game for u with my tax money. FM is like a nice cold guiness, good things come to those who wait.

This is incredible. I've been trying to complte the registration process for two hours now, but i still can't do it.

Even tried by phone, but it doesn't work (due to "technical problems").....

¿Any solution yet?...¿or just waiting?

Regards.

OK, I have had enough, and I will tell you all why but to be honest I just hope that JUST ONE Si employee reads this and passes it on to their most senior employer! Although I believe that a MOD will read this ban me and delete it! (Typical in this situation).

This is FM09 meaning that there have been several FM's in the series, basically this is not your first attempt at this!

You are a multimillion pound company with a very high profit turnover each year! I am just an average bloke, I have paid £30 approx for something developed and extensively tested by a respected company for sometime now.

I have had my copy for about 8 hours, and I still cannot get it to work. Therefore you have sold me something under false pretenses! You have stolen my money! These are facts. Not just me ranting. Until YOU fix this issue you have ripped me off!

It was and is your responsibility to make sure that third party companies that you work with are up to the job and able to provide the level of service you demand. Now unless you are complete morons, you anticipated that there would be a high level demand on the day of release. Meaning you told the third party to be prepared for this.

The third party is obviously not prepared and I assume that Si/Sega or whoever will look to seek some sort of compensation for this glitch as it has lead to the brand name of Si games and Sega being cast in mud. (Your all over the internet, people are NOT Happy).

Do you plan to pass on any compensation passed to the customer? How about a £10 gift voucher to be redeemed at a various retail outlets. I predict that there will be nothing passed on to us, the customers.

Your lack of response on this issue of activation has been totally unacceptable. You have not stated what the exact problem is and you have not stated an Estimated time back on line. Nor have you posted an Estimated time to repair.

apparently they have got people trying to fix it but that was like 3ish

That aint good enough from SI!! You buy a game and dont expect to still be waiting 6 hours to play it! :thdn::thdn::thdn: Complete disgrace on SI part!! To busy with FML to even think about this!!

Archived