Football Manager 2009 Freeze Bug Fixed?

Has the bug where the game freezes when submitting your team on matchday or when a player hits the continue button postmatch been solved? I don't mean just put the game in windowed mode, but fixed so if i put the game in fullscreen mode on it will work properly. I ask because i am wondering whether to buy the game later on today.

Thankyou

i was having all sorts of freezing problems on my high end machine with the demo. been playing since about 10.30 (its 2 now) and the only provlem i have is that the game locks up for a few minutes if i watch a game in tv mode and then exit the match at full time.

freezes when i click go to match, for shame SI this was meant to be fixed in the patch

hi guys, i don't normally post but shame on clever diks on SI have forced me to!!!! i have XP on my laptop and it does'nt simpll launch on mine so i decided to install it on my brothers who has vista and a high end PC. my game was freezing on match day so i disabled the 3d options from prefrences and kept the graphics low and it works well.

shame on SI. disaponted so many loyal fans. the whole point we moved CM to FM was we kept the game play how we liked it. Thanks SI for wasting our money and teaming up with stupid SOB's from steam!!!!!!

• 2 months later...

what to do is run the game in compatibility mode for windows xp service pack 2. (do this by right clicking your shortcut and then click compatibility and tick run in compatibility and select xp service pack 2 from drop down menu)

None of these solutions work. The freezing thing is just annoying because sometimes you can play for a good few hours and the game won't freeze, while other times it will freeze every 5 minutes.

I have tried every suggestion in this thread, plus a load of others that i thought of myself and between a few of us having this issue. It is 100% unresolved.

I cant believe how disappointed iam with this game, due to the freezing issues.

For the last few years i have bought the FIFA manager games so thought i'd give Football manager2009 a shot as heard good things about it and to be honest the FM series have along way to go to catch up with FIFA manager.

I dont understand how this game made the shelves of our shops after the extent testing it should have went through, and still everyone ive spoke to have the same freezing errors.

Ps, away to reload the game for the 7th time tonight

I had freezing problems with the demo on a very good pc. SI invited me for beta-testing, but afther 10 different builds and going to the man who i go with for all my pc needs, still the same freezing problems. so i have given up on FM09. i don't blame SI although. They did a great effort for their costumors, something which a company like EA would never do. maybe i have more luck with the next edition

Windowed mode solves these issues.

Not necessarily. I've tried every suggestion on this forum, and i still suffer. That's on a high-end system that was brand new when i got FM09.

The 9.2.0 patch made it better, but still not that well.

The only thing i found out, on my system, was that game-resolution played a very big part in the freezing-, lag-issues. I wish i knew why.

i suffered a similar freezing problem like Wakers and roykela (there is a long thread before in the bugs forum about these issues). I only managed to solve it by starting a brand new game under 9.20 and reduce a large number of leagues. However I know a lot of people who still have the same problem after the 9.20 patch so it is by no mean completely resolved.

How did SI help us with the demo again? They didn't do anything? For the first week they sat behind their keyboards and just said that the injuries bug wasn't a bug!

I had problems with the demo, technical then. They sent me, and others who had problems, a resuest to become beta testers and let us try out various builds,with specific answers and help. Something EA would never do.

• 1 year later...

Archived