Chairman idea

How about this as a bonus feature of FM... being the chairman.

Not just in name in a possible takeover, I mean ACTUALLY BE the chairman. Obviously not manager/chairman but maybe it could be like this:

*Hire and fire managers, determine their salaries (that would be the fun part for me, maybe giving an American a chance at a European team or give an older, loyal player a shot)

*Decide how you want to manage your finances... determine transfer and wage budgets... will you go conservative or try and pull a Leeds by allowing huge transfer budgets betting on future results? (I mean, hey, if you manage to get someone like Martin O'Neill as your manager and finish fifth two or three seasons in a row, why not give him some major funds and bank on a Champions League finish the next season?)

*Determine the best time and way to expand the stadium or upgrade facilities

*All transfers would go through you. You would see the offer and there would be three options, accept, reject outright, or send to manager. If you feel the offer is really good, accept it there whereas your manager may reject it. If you feel an offer is really too low, you could reject it yourself, or if you don't really care either way, you could send it to the manager to judge. But beware, getting too involved will scare away some managers from your club.

*Work on negotiating feeder/parent club relationships

*Negotiate sponsorship deals

*Set ticket prices

Any other ideas? and who would like this?

Sometimes these forums are like Groundhog Day! When will this horrible idea go away?

I can't believe setting ticket prices is actually mentioned as a possibility. It would have to be the least exciting feature ever implemented in any game ever!

Sometimes these forums are like Groundhog Day! When will this horrible idea go away?

I can't believe setting ticket prices is actually mentioned as a possibility. It would have to be the least exciting feature ever implemented in any game ever!

The "feature" that allows you to control when your characters go to the toilet on The Sims has to be up there as most dull feature, surely? :D

The "feature" that allows you to control when your characters go to the toilet on The Sims has to be up there as most dull feature, surely? :D

I suppose it could be quite fun if you just never let them go! Poor little guys..

The chairman idea is fine, provided that you are forced into the role of chairman/manager and can't change that role unless you sell the club. Otherwise it would be a bit of a boring game to play.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but I wouldn't want to play a game that forces me to take certain positions.

'Football Chairman 2009', can someone point me in the direction of the patch? My graphics card can't seem to handle the 3D simulation of our monthly board meeting, it's really getting on my nerves. My chief executive keeps turning into a poker chip and he sometimes just stands in the middle of my office doing nothing. Poor job SI, sort it out.

Not sure I can see it taking off... ;) And it is the billionth time this suggestion has been made.

Archived