Playing When Offline

I bought the boxed version, installed and authenticated it and got the patch. No probs so far. I had noticed on install it asked if I wanted a startup menu and desktop icon which I did. When it was all done and dusted no icon appeared and the only way to get the game to run is Via Steam. I looked in my program files and in the FM2009 file is only uninstall info and a readme file. What do I do if I want to play the game where I have no internet access? as it seems I can only play when im online via Steam. Help Please!!!

Otherwise really good first impressions. Well done SI

I bought the boxed version, installed and authenticated it and got the patch. No probs so far. I had noticed on install it asked if I wanted a startup menu and desktop icon which I did. When it was all done and dusted no icon appeared and the only way to get the game to run is Via Steam. I looked in my program files and in the FM2009 file is only uninstall info and a readme file. What do I do if I want to play the game where I have no internet access? as it seems I can only play when im online via Steam. Help Please!!!

Otherwise really good first impressions. Well done SI

You can always use Steam in offline mode. Simply save your password on Steam (login automatically). Then go onto steam. And click File (i think), then Offline mode.

Archived