FM Superstitions

Just wonderin if anyone else has any superstitions when playin FM? For instance, it always happens to me that whenever a woman walks into the room when i'm actually playing a match - I concede within seconds.

So now, if the missus or any bird walks in when i'm in a match, i pause it and won't resume till they are gone lol.

Strange, because I know that there is no way that their being there could have any effect on the game but still.

Anyone else have anythin similar? or am i just weird? :confused:

Mouse pointing was one for me too! Had to move it around some lettering on the screen (forget what letters)

Also, in the days of CM2 I was convinced that when faced with a penalty kick against you the keeper saved it if you tapped the space bar at the right time

- Mouse pointer ALWAYS must be just undeneath the main menu on the left (where the gap is)....have done this more and more with each passing CM/FM game

- At the bottom, where the possession stats for the last 5 minutes are, i keep encouraging the bar to move more to our side

- When we score, i must clench my fist in celebration, otherwise, we concede---- have stopped this one, as its too wierd (only done it in CM 04/05, with palace)

lol - I thought it was just me who verbally encouraged my players.

Also, on one where I was managing Liverpool and won the champions league with a last gasp goal from Stevie G - actually broke into a chorus of the "Steve Gerrard Gerrard" song that their fans sing. You can't tell people who don't play the game though - they just think your a bit of a weirdo lol.

fluorescentadolescent, that's not a superstition, that actually happens every time you press the Tactics screen. That's a fact! ;-)

Another thing: Even if it's 2AM and you're on a winning streak, don't stop! Because if you start playing again after you wake up, you won't be able to win a game to save your life.

- Mouse pointer ALWAYS must be just undeneath the main menu on the left (where the gap is)....have done this more and more with each passing CM/FM game

- At the bottom, where the possession stats for the last 5 minutes are, i keep encouraging the bar to move more to our side

- When we score, i must clench my fist in celebration, otherwise, we concede---- have stopped this one, as its too wierd (only done it in CM 04/05, with palace)

I keep my mouse pointer in the same place :D

I also try to not look at the league table, unless i'm like 5-0 ahead with 5mins to go.

I too do the mouse pointer thing, just on the pause game button for me.. But my biggest superstition is moving or clicking the mouse during play will make me not score or not concede. AND is it just me or during the key highlights, if your team is attacking and looking their going to score, and you pause the game and then click play.. you never score! Its almost like when your pause the game during highlights it MAKES you not score!

My friend hovers the mouse over his team name.

I remember on the very first version you wern't allowed to say 'this one's in the bag' because champ would ehar you and even if you were 4 goals up with 3 mins left the computer would bang in 9

I try to avoid making subs while highlights are being displayed. If it's a highlight showing an attacking move by my team, it's always defused. If it's an attacking move by the opposition, it always seems to result in a score for them. I try to cancel out of the tactics screen as quickly as I can to avoid this, but somehow, I'm always too slow... (surely they weren't going to score anyway - impossible!)

The pause button is my best friend these days...

Also, my obsessive compulsion is to make sure that all side menus are compressed while the match is screening, otherwise my team doesn't perform... (I can't believe I'm admitting to that one!)

For big games (ie. derbies, cup finals or home to the "top four") I always go downstairs, make a cup of tea or coffee and then sit down with my chosen beverage and a cigarette. It's a big occassion so you've got to make the effort :). I remember once playing going through the same rigmarole for about four games in a row! I was wide awake and yet coughing profusely :S .....

The mouse hovering in a particular place is a classic. Mine rests nicely above 'Newcastle Tactics' between the 'e' and the 't'.

Now I fear this may just be me but if for example Obafemi Martins had a stats display which looked something like:

Apps Gls

32 23

then I couldn't but him on the bench and bring him on as a sub for the rest of that particular season because then the display would look something like:

Apps Gls

34(2) 24

and that just looks annoying! Whereas Shola Ameobi will simply look like.....:

Apps Gls

1(32) 2 (he'd obviously have to keep coming on to replace an injured Owen :p )

i always conceed when i'm doing tactics, so i have to pause the game before i click the tactics icon now.

Bingo - same here - strange how that always happens!!

I also find that i'm superstitous about watching the game in either Overwiew or Split Screen - what i mean is that sometimes i watch in Overview and I win every game - i switch over to Split Screen and i start losing every game.

Also ive started to think that playing music while playing the game helps

FM has turned me bonkers!!

For big games (ie. derbies, cup finals or home to the "top four") I always go downstairs, make a cup of tea or coffee and then sit down with my chosen beverage and a cigarette. It's a big occassion so you've got to make the effort :). I remember once playing going through the same rigmarole for about four games in a row! I was wide awake and yet coughing profusely :S .....

The mouse hovering in a particular place is a classic. Mine rests nicely above 'Newcastle Tactics' between the 'e' and the 't'.

Now I fear this may just be me but if for example Obafemi Martins had a stats display which looked something like:

Apps Gls

32 23

then I couldn't but him on the bench and bring him on as a sub for the rest of that particular season because then the display would look something like:

Apps Gls

34(2) 24

and that just looks annoying! Whereas Shola Ameobi will simply look like.....:

Apps Gls

1(32) 2 (he'd obviously have to keep coming on to replace an injured Owen :p )

ha yeah me too i would hate to mess up the season stats, sub appearances just look messy!

i always conceed when i'm doing tactics, so i have to pause the game before i click the tactics icon now.
fluorescentadolescent, that's not a superstition, that actually happens every time you press the Tactics screen. That's a fact! ;-)

Another thing: Even if it's 2AM and you're on a winning streak, don't stop! Because if you start playing again after you wake up, you won't be able to win a game to save your life.

All of the above are actually true.

And that's fact.

SCIENCE FACT.

i remember on 07 playing my Millwall season and beating Chelsea in the FA Cup with a last minute Sturridge goal, which I celebrated with a Drogba-esque knee slide across the front room, ripping my jeans in the process! I also do my best Motson impression for most matches, and sometimes i actually do a teamtalk after the game... Slowly, but surely i think this game is driving me insane!

i remember on 07 playing my Millwall season and beating Chelsea in the FA Cup with a last minute Sturridge goal, which I celebrated with a Drogba-esque knee slide across the front room, ripping my jeans in the process! I also do my best Motson impression for most matches, and sometimes i actually do a teamtalk after the game... Slowly, but surely i think this game is driving me insane!

Do you ever go for a number-two during the game and hold a mini press conference at the same time? Or is that just me?

Archived