Help internet trouble

i am obvo connected to the internet via ethernet but the activation client cannot connect to the internet please help or how can i do it via phone instead

In the installer you should have the option to chose Uniloc (Internet or phone) i believe the numbers to call should be listed there...

In the installer you should have the option to chose Uniloc (Internet or phone) i believe the numbers to call should be listed there...

i unistalled and reinstalled and still it goes to online activation after during the install i clicked the online or phone and i cannot fine numbers please help can you gimmie the number for UK/England !!!! :( :( :(

I got it on the activation program coming with the game, after typing in the keycode. Then i chose by phone. And there i can chose the country I'm in and i chose norway, got a phonenumber: 800-13-049. Calling that number is where i reached a IP thingy company, I'm not sure what they really do. But they didn't understand much when i talked about activating games and all that. hehe. would have payed to see his face though when i talked about it though.

I tried activating by phone. Its a long drawn out process that requires you to type about 80 numbers on the phone pad and 50 on your keyboard. After that it doesn't work!!

Why can this client not connect when everyone else on my PC can?

Hi guys - can you please explain the 'exact' issue and maybe a screenshot?

It does work... So let's identify what's occuring on your machines.

yeah i have same problem. i bought a boxed version and installed it using steam. however, when i launch the game a window from SoftAnchor opens prompting me for a product key for online registration. When i fill this in and continue it sits for a moment and then says it cannot connect to the internet which is obviously wrong as i am on these forums. Anyone know why this happens?

My firewall was turned off when i tried it again so i turned it back on added exceptions still no luck si please please help i have paid £30 for a game i cant play !

There are PLENTY of sticky posts telling you how to resolve these issues.

Please 'read' them before posting.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=61131

This will help you (bottom part - where it says Error -51)

Done all of that no luck

This has been fixing the issue?

If you are are using Vista and getting the error: "We're sorry but this installation of Football Manager 2009 could not be activated for the following reason: The application was unable to connect to the internet. Please check your connection."

This seems to be caused by vista being finicky about making a secure connection to the US activation servers. On McGeady10 machine we fixed this by doing the following:

1) We ran a windows update from windowsupdate.microsoft.com

2) We fixed his system clock! <- His clock was set one day ahead.

3) We then restarted his computer

After this series of changes we were able to activate without issue. Step #1 may not be needed - but on this particular computer there was an update of the network card drivers. We believe - (95% at this point) that fixing the system clock *was* the fix but we have not verified as of yet. Please PM me if you have quesion or need any help. I will up and active for the next few hours.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This has been fixing the issue?

If you are are using Vista and getting the error: "We're sorry but this installation of Football Manager 2009 could not be activated for the following reason: The application was unable to connect to the internet. Please check your connection."

This seems to be caused by vista being finicky about making a secure connection to the US activation servers. On McGeady10 machine we fixed this by doing the following:

1) We ran a windows update from windowsupdate.microsoft.com

2) We fixed his system clock! <- His clock was set one day ahead.

3) We then restarted his computer

After this series of changes we were able to activate without issue. Step #1 may not be needed - but on this particular computer there was an update of the network card drivers. We believe - (95% at this point) that fixing the system clock *was* the fix but we have not verified as of yet. Please PM me if you have quesion or need any help. I will up and active for the next few hours.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i have tryed all of your surgestions and i am using the xp os. i still cant get it to work

any help would be appriceated very much thank you

Archived