8 out of 10 cats play FM

Jason Manford's great.

Anyone see his David Blaine joke? "And for my next stunt... I will put a fruit pastille in my mouth, and I won't chew..."

And his liverpool accent on James Bond.

Sean Lock's better though... :p

Jason had Football Manager comedy in his set at the Edinburgh festival last year - I was fortunate enough to go up and see the show, and he's a very, very funny man.

He talks about the game quite a lot in the press, which we are very grateful for!

his joke was about his wife complaining about him wearing a suit whilst playing. i knew i guy who once put a suit on when his team reached the FA cup final. true story. im not sure if he had a brass band play at half time.

his joke was about his wife complaining about him wearing a suit whilst playing. i knew i guy who once put a suit on when his team reached the FA cup final. true story. im not sure if he had a brass band play at half time.

In all honesty thats fairly sad but funny.

But come to think of its quite probable that people where suits whilst playing. Come in from work Etc so.......

• SI Staff

That's not the one in the stage show - was about a man watching him playing FM on a train.

He's on tour now in the UK, so maybe he still has some in the show? :)

In all honesty thats fairly sad but funny.

But come to think of its quite probable that people where suits whilst playing. Come in from work Etc so.......

no he worked on a building site. he had a suit in his wardrobe from his brothers wedding the year before. his wife drew the line at bringing him a tray of half time oranges though. when he won he danced around the living room with a vase with blue laces tied to it whilst playing queens 'we are the champions'.

The guy that used to wear a suit was from an old thread. The question someone asked was do you do anything special when your team gets to a cup final. To which one person admitted he used to put his suit one and hence the story has ended FM folklore.

In terms of game I wonder how many famous people (well ok people that have been on TV then) have played it. Also I have always wondered if any of the current football managers play it :)

• SI Staff
Good point, alot of players play it when they can but do the managers? also a question for SI - Have you tried to get any managers on board to adertise the game?

That's not really our style - hence the old "pack talent" video, which you can see over at YouTube.

We did try it last year, with Ramos for the Spanish release. The day after the announcement, he left and joined Spurs!

That's not really our style - hence the old "pack talent" video, which you can see over at YouTube.

We did try it last year, with Ramos for the Spanish release. The day after the announcement, he left and joined Spurs!

Haha, yeah i agree it doesn't fit. I think the pack shots are brilliant and should always have a 'nobody' on it, because that represents us. Would be nice to have qoutes or something from managers in the manual or on the pack.

The guy that used to wear a suit was from an old thread. The question someone asked was do you do anything special when your team gets to a cup final. To which one person admitted he used to put his suit one and hence the story has ended FM folklore.

In terms of game I wonder how many famous people (well ok people that have been on TV then) have played it. Also I have always wondered if any of the current football managers play it :)

Maybe not current, but it seemed that Juande Ramos may have a little. Lol. :p

• SI Staff
Haha, yeah i agree it doesn't fit. I think the pack shots are brilliant and should always have a 'nobody' on it, because that represents us. Would be nice to have qoutes or something from managers in the manual or on the pack.

If you buy FM from GAME stores in the UK, I think you get a free packet of Football Manager Top Trumps. Who needs quotes? ;)

If you buy FM from GAME stores in the UK, I think you get a free packet of Football Manager Top Trumps. Who needs quotes? ;)

Nice deal, I'll be buying my copy from Game then, and if i don't get my top trumps i'll say "Oi Game! Miles said i get toppy t's where are they!?"

PS Congrats on spelling quote correctly unlike me!

Ok this just maked me laugh. I go on to the forms and see loads of topics say Miles please help I can't get x to work etc etc. Then I find he's having a chat about who was on 8 out of 10 cats.

I do understand that he and all others from SI and Sega are doing a great job and of course are helping everyone with the new release. Just happened to be the first post I looked on and made me laugh.

Ok this just maked me laugh. I go on to the forms and see loads of topics say Miles please help I can't get x to work etc etc. Then I find he's having a chat about who was on 8 out of 10 cats.

I do understand that he and all others from SI and Sega are doing a great job and of course are helping everyone with the new release. Just happened to be the first post I looked on and made me laugh.

Haha, True true.

Manford tries far too hard to be Peter Kay with very little success, it's pitiful really.

I totally agree, he does fail miserably... because Manford is actually funny.

He actually reminds me of Seth McFarlane, but an English version. I wonder if Jason will create an animated series. :p

Archived