can i download from the game from steam and transfer to other computers?

sorry if this sounds stupid....but the demo downloaded and self installed onto my laptop from steam....i didnt get any install file...im just wondering if i download full game would it be easy to transfer to another computer....or would it be better to get the boxed game for this?

i appriciate the forums arfe busy tonight...but any help is very much apriciated :)

When you installed the demo you didn't get a install file, but it installed itself in

C:\program files\steam\steamapps\common

so, you had it on your computer, but had to start it via steam.

Same for full version. If you download it, it will install there, but start via steam.

You can backup the game files, and move them to another computer i think. But you must have steam and internet on the other computer too. But if you already have steam and internet on the other computer it's easier just to install it from your account at steam ;)

Hope this helps..

is anyone able to explain the easiest way to do this?

ie: if you use Steam to download - how best can you transfer the game to another PC? can it be easily copied to a USB or DVD?

or do they have to download the game via steam on every PC they wish to use?

is anyone able to explain the easiest way to do this?

ie: if you use Steam to download - how best can you transfer the game to another PC? can it be easily copied to a USB or DVD?

or do they have to download the game via steam on every PC they wish to use?

You can always, copy the game to a disc.

By clicking backup copy. (I think, right click on the game. Then backup).

I walked right into a problem after i purchased the game from Steam. I'm on a Mac and can't download it as i'm not on a Windows platform, so to get round it i've borrowed my mates Windows-based laptop where i'm downloading it. I was hoping to somehow take the files and put them onto disc or USB before transfering them to my mac and installing there. By the sounds of things that's not going to work so unless Stream refund me (highly unlikely) i'm going to be left without the game :mad:

copy the directory steamapps/football manager 2009 that you find in Program Files/steam or something like that. Copy it in every computer you need. Launch it, It will ask for the key code, to find the keycode push start -> run -> regedit (in the computer with steam installed)

go into hkey current user -> software -> valve -> blabla* -> cdkeys

i dont remember the exact path, inopportuno posted it in this forum.

u do not need to use steam in every computer

OK in this thread (http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=61309) says Steam needs to be running, but it can be in off-line mode. I wonder if it needs to be online once, the first time you run it?

Is it legal to have it installed on more than one system? I'm not sure on the latest law and EULA. Presumably running more than one copy at the same time is a no-no, so no LAN play until my mate gets round to buying it.

Archived