Impressed with Patch changelist ... and the way forward ...

I was considering leaving buying the new game, not quite convinced by the demo as yet, but the extensive patch change list has convinced me to get an order in tonight, meaning I should have the game ready to play on Saturday! It shows that a lot's been done, plenty of tweaks - a lot of hard work's gone in and it seems that the vast majority, if not all of the issues I've spotted have been addressed.

Now ... onto the way forward ...

I think ultimately, this game has to go in one direction now. They have to introduce the ability to manage under-18s and reserve sides, to work your way up in the game. Equally, the ability to be an assistant manager would be nice, and would probably be a necessity if the other two were introduced (ass man could manage reserves).

I think it'd be great fun to play a network game with 2/3 mates, one of you being a team's first team manager, another being ass man/reserve coach and another managing the under 18s! ;)

Equally, it adds realism - promotion from within is one of the most likely paths a manager's career will follow ... I think it'd add a whole new element to the game, massively boosting its capabilities and depth.

Anyway, I'll enjoy FM09 over the coming weeks/months, and really hope that SI look to go down this U18/reserve/ass manager route in next year's, or if need be, the year after that's release.

Nice one SI. A good game and a patch that'll no doubt upgrade it to excellent! Cheers.

yeah changelist is impressive considering the Game is only out tomorrow. Found agood few bugs in the demo and this patch will keep plently people happy.

No mention of a fix on the amount on injuries the time encounters. My demo season with Celtic, I had 8 players out, and Hearts had 11 after 4 games of the season.

All over 2 weeks anyway!

Archived