Windowed

1. Right-click the FM icon on your desktop & click on "properties"

2. In the "target" field in the dialogue box that opens, add "-windowed -small_screen" at the end of the target, making sure there's a space in between.

So it should read like this: "C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\fm.exe" -windowed -small_screen

3. Save your changes & you'll be able to play FM in window mode next time you run FM.

No point making a new thread...

I can't set the game to windowed mode in the full Steam download version, but I was able to do so on the downloaded demo version (not Steam) by changing it in display preferences.

The "windowed" button in display preferences is greyed out, and I tried the "-windowed -small_screen" on the shortcut like I did for fm08, but there is another line of text next to the .exe (" -applaunch 10540 ") which can't be deleted and replaced with the "-windowed" line.

Anyone know why the demo was fine but the full d/l isn't in windowed mode?

With the demo everything was fine, I could select "windowed" at the preferences. Now with the full game I can't play windowed. With the "-windowed-small_screen" trick, the game starts and then after a few seconds it crashes...

Anyone have a solution for this?

Archived