A look at tactics for FM09

I was sorting out my tactics for my new Man Utd game and I decided that I wanted to play 4-2-4-2 with 2 CM's a AML and a AMR. I was looking at what farrow arrows to add to my tactics to get the best of my players and I then realised that the arrows only allow me to have the AML and AMR to go on the outside and then either get a cross in or cut inside with the ball.

Which got me to thinking, why isn't there a farrow that allows my AML and AMR to cut in first and then run into the box? This would allow the AML/AMR to either take a shot or make a run into a decent position that could possibly result in a goal, I believe this would allow a new look into the attacking tactics of a team and set up more chance that could result in goals.

I believe that this would help for teams that don't have strikers that are good in the air, take Man Utd for example, they have Tevez and Rooney who are both only decent in the air and they would most proberly benefit more from through balls from the AML/AMR rather than crosses.

So here are the screenshots of what I belive would be a good addition to tactics in FM09.

First of all, here is a screenshot of the farrow that you can use in FM08:

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/5937/tacticsek2.jpg

And now here is a screenshot of what I believe would be a good addition to tactics in FM09:

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/9717/tacticsfixedgd5.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to read this and any constructive feedback is welcomened.

I was sorting out my tactics for my new Man Utd game and I decided that I wanted to play 4-2-4-2 with 2 CM's a AML and a AMR. I was looking at what farrow arrows to add to my tactics to get the best of my players and I then realised that the arrows only allow me to have the AML and AMR to go on the outside and then either get a cross in or cut inside with the ball.

Which got me to thinking, why isn't there a farrow that allows my AML and AMR to cut in first and then run into the box? This would allow the AML/AMR to either take a shot or make a run into a decent position that could possibly result in a goal, I believe this would allow a new look into the attacking tactics of a team and set up more chance that could result in goals.

I believe that this would help for teams that don't have strikers that are good in the air, take Man Utd for example, they have Tevez and Rooney who are both only decent in the air and they would most proberly benefit more from through balls from the AML/AMR rather than crosses.

So here are the screenshots of what I belive would be a good addition to tactics in FM09.

First of all, here is a screenshot of the farrow that you can use in FM08:

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/5937/tacticsek2.jpg

And now here is a screenshot of what I believe would be a good addition to tactics in FM09:

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/9717/tacticsfixedgd5.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to read this and any constructive feedback is welcomened.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SkidRo:

my opinion on arrows is that we should be able to have forward arrows and back arrows at the same time for one player much like in pro evolution. they need to add this in 09 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, I believe this needs to be implemented for FM09 aswell, i've felt this needs to happen for the past few FM's actually.

Turn it upto 11 - I could do this but it would be so much easier if they just implemented what I suggested, the arrows are too restricted in FM08, I believe it needs to be implemented into FM09 to give the manager a much wider variety of tactics avaliable to their team.

sorry to go offtopic about the arrows but after reading your comment about wider variety of options do you ever think they will make it possible to place your player within more positions rather then the fixed ones they got. for instance in LMA you can edit the players position slightly by moving them to the left/right/up/down by about 5 small movements in each direction. i think that would be cool idea so that you could properly create a 4-4-2 with a striker slightly behind marked by his position and not mentality.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SkidRo:

sorry to go offtopic about the arrows but after reading your comment about wider variety of options do you ever think they will make it possible to place your player within more positions rather then the fixed ones they got. for instance in LMA you can edit the players position slightly by moving them to the left/right/up/down by about 5 small movements in each direction. i think that would be cool idea so that you could properly create a 4-4-2 with a striker slightly behind marked by his position and not mentality. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, this is a good idea.

Personally I believe that tactics need a complete over-haul for FM09 because in FM08 the manager is restricted to only a few formations that will actually work, but like you say if you could modify the position of the players slightly then this would give a lot more possible formations for the manager to chose from and therefore would add more excitement to the game because tactics will be exactly how the manager wants it.

i only hope several new ideas will make it to FM that are significant and not minor such as the league news or confidence which i dont even pay much attention to. i dnt need confidence to tell me that i made a poor signing. they was better off having a fans opinion or something where you get a general idea of the fans take on a player such as is he getting too old for the team? should you sell him and how much for? shoudl he be dropped from the first team? just a thought tho.

Archived