Money still doesn't talk?

Of course, we all know the key to getting players in FM is reputation. The same is true in reality. However, offer enough cash and players come running.

To test this I took over City, Arsenal and Chelsea (one at a time) and after going to the board for more money, managed to filter 250 million down to barnet in exchange for 3 reserve players. I then took the barnet job, suddenly able to offer 50k a week.

So, first up, Bikey from Reading. Would you drop two divisions (on a two year deal) to increase your wages to five times it's old level?

Bikey wouldn't. Money clearly didn't speak to him.

Marcelo? surely he wouldn't leave Madrid, even for double his wages? Of course not.

But how about Beckford at Leeds? Drop one division? For ten times his wages?

Nope. He turned down £50k a week to stay in League 1 over League 2.

I'm sure Si will call this an extreme, artificial and that everything;s working as intended...

However, as the Million Dollar Man used to say, Everyone has his price.

edit: Lets add insult to injury?

Graeme Lee won't leave fellow League 2 club Bradford for Barnet, despite an offer of over 50 times his current wage.

Would anyone on £50,000 a year turn down a £2.5million a year job at a slightly less well known team in the same league?

SI guys, this guy is on your sort of money. Would you switch to EA for 50 times your current wage? ;)

And at 30, that £5million over two years would have been his pension.

Archived