What size of PC would you need to play ALL leagues in 1 game?

I'm confused (.com) somewhat because the "recommended settings option" tells me I can only play 3-4 leagues with a "small" database?

I don't think this is 100% correct, I'm running Vista 64 with 4 gig of Ram (all Ram seen and used because of 64bit) and a Quad core 3 MHZ I also have a GX280 Graphics Card so I thought I would have been able to run much more than that.

Anyone know what I can go for and not have it hanging my system up? I'd like to go for as many as possible.

• SI Staff

This is because it is set to recommend using those leagues, England, Italy, Spain and Scotland I believe, we never recommend using above those leagues (of course if your computer is good enough you can use more) but do recommend below if system specs don't meet this. This functions also has no effect on the database size.

My system:

Intel Core Duo 2.4ghz

2GB Ram (with Vista)

8800 GTS 640MB

You know, at least for these last couple versions (meaning '07 and '08) I always thought the in-game wizard underestimated the capabilities of the processor: when I play my main game, I usually select around 22-25 leagues from around the world (large database) and, at least for me, the loading times are more than bearable. Also, consider that you can play this game windowed, so while the game keeps processing results you can surf the net, work on a document or whatever if you feel like it, with little slowdowns.

Just experiment a little.

is there any advantage in playing in windowed mode?
I would also like to know that?

I don't think it would.

The only advantage I can see is it is easier to navigate between programs simultaneously so you can surf the web at the same time for example. :D

Archived