Purchasing Football Manager 09 on STEAM in USA?

Hi there. My boxed copy is en route, but is there a way for me to get Football Manager 09 through STEAM here in the USA? All it shows is Worldwide Soccer Manager. Someone please let me know.

Why would yo get a copy with STEAM if you have a copy on it way?

Uh, cuz that way I could start playing and then sell my sealed copy when it arrives, that's why. Any word from the SI people or some tech savvy person out there?

they are sticking it to US players like usually. hope EA Games is gonna act like this at least once, so they will see how it feels.

I mean, it's not the end of the world. I can wait til my copy gets here, but if this silly STEAM registration doesn't work for me because I'm in the USA, I'm going to be less than pleased. I'd just rather not wait if I didn't have to. Is there a way to connect to STEAM by UK Proxy or something? I'm not overly technologically able, so I'd need some advice on this front.

I don't I'm afraid. You can certainly try it through Steam and it might well work since you're not buying it *from* Steam. I've never tried to activate a foreign game myself, so I couldn't say if it'll work or not. Maybe check on the Steam forums to see if someone's in a similar situation, even with a different game?

Archived