Who can't activate on Steam

KOP

No no 4GIVME, you misunderstand - this here is for people who can't activate at all i.e Steam still states that the game is unreleased. We can't even enter a code, let alone then be told it's invalid.

More frustrating is that it seems that while someone in Stoke has been able to activate on Steam others, like myself, who are also in the UK remain unable to do so. This makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

No no 4GIVME, you misunderstand - this here is for people who can't activate at all i.e Steam still states that the game is unreleased. We can't even enter a code, let alone then be told it's invalid.

More frustrating is that it seems that while someone in Stoke has been able to activate on Steam others, like myself, who are also in the UK remain unable to do so. This makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Relax, its not supposed to be released until 00:00, so stop acting like children, you have a right to complain if it isnt activated tomorrow

and no word from SI why.....

The activation servers have been turned on, so people who have a copy already (and they shouldn't really have them yet) can activate through STEAM.

Those that have pre-ordered through STEAM will be able to play the game and sctivate at midnight as that is when STEAM begin "delivering" the game, as it is then the 14th.

People that buy boxed copy from midnight tonight, or have it delivered from tomorrow will be able to chose how to authenticate as stated before.

Sorry, but STEAM are rightly sticking to selling the game the day of release, we have turned on the activation to make sure all is well for the release tomorrow.

Thanks

Ben

I'm pleased I followed the recommendation of using Steam instead of buying the game from any number of the retailers in Leeds that were selling the game today. Surely if Steam have opened the activation servers for people who didn't buy the game from them they should open them for us aswell. Not blaming SI for this but I won't be pre-ordering off Steam again! At least SI have looked into it for us I can't even get an email to Steam support, they just bounce back!

The activation servers have been turned on, so people who have a copy already (and they shouldn't really have them yet) can activate through STEAM.

Those that have pre-ordered through STEAM will be able to play the game and sctivate at midnight as that is when STEAM begin "delivering" the game, as it is then the 14th.

People that buy boxed copy from midnight tonight, or have it delivered from tomorrow will be able to chose how to authenticate as stated before.

Sorry, but STEAM are rightly sticking to selling the game the day of release, we have turned on the activation to make sure all is well for the release tomorrow.

Thanks

Ben

I thought the activation servers were on?

So why wont my game activate?????

This sucks big time!!!

Think this is a huge blow for SI and Steam's partnership. I purchased the game through Play.com and here I am starting my career game all patched up while those who followed SI's recommendation to use STEAM sit frustrated... Quite a pity... If Steam had put the game live with the patch I'd have used them next year. Now though I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole...

Thanks

Ben

According to SPJ

Just literaly 5 minutes ago the not released at the side of the 100% changed to Ready,i right clicked added shortcut to desktop and all is good to go just looking for the patch yet as it doesnt seem to be added to steam as yet.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=60967

This would suggest that a Steam pre-order was activated, as supposed to one bought elsewhere and activated on Steam. Why would this be the case for some people and not others?

oke so the activation servers werent on earlier this week when people bought the game from stores that sold it early, because u wanted everyone to play on the release day, so it wouldnt be unfair to people who pre orderd at shops that delivered on releaseday...

But now u trow the servers online and let buyers on steam down coz they have to wait?

I have a hard copy of the game delivered today from gameplay but i cannot get it registered on the steam website or anyother way as it keeps telling me i have an invalid key code but i have tried so many different ways of typing it in but it is so crappy the writing it is so difficult to see it.

very very bad by si / sega why not just use simple text instead of this crap we get

Hi Ben,

Cheers for the info. As Steam is currently saying it unlocks at around 9PM tommorow is it safe to ignore that and presume it will unlock at midnight?

Thanks.

Archived