Data editor on 09 not working

Hi, got my copy of football manager 09 through the post today at lunch, however the data editor won't load up so i can't change redknapp to spurs and zaki's new contract etc. can anyone else who's got it yet help in anyway? oh also im using it on a mac if that helps

There will be a new patch tomorrow with a data update so you might as well wait for that.

What do you mean about Zakis contract anyway ? The removal of the agreed fee ? If that is the case then i've had that removed for the data update

Hi, got my copy of football manager 09 through the post today at lunch, however the data editor won't load up so i can't change redknapp to spurs and zaki's new contract etc. can anyone else who's got it yet help in anyway? oh also im using it on a mac if that helps

who did you receive yours from, amazon etc

I preloaded my game via steam and just tried to run the editor - getting an error message as follws

"This application has failed to start as the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstallling the application may fix this problem"

I'm assuming that this is because the activation process provides some vital bit of code that "unlocks" everything including the editor - can anyone confirm this? have any other steam users been able to open their editor?.

Also can anyone advise if the steam download of the game comes accompanied by an electronic version of the game manual?

bought mine from gameseek via ebay. what i'v heard about zaki is that he's signed a new contract with his club so he's only there until the end of the season so other teams are able to put a january bid in for him. i hope the update sorts everything out anyways, also hope my data editor does work because there are some players who could do with their stats boosting a bit on this cos theyre nothing compared to how they play in reality

Archived