get to bed early people

tempting as it is to stay up, im guessin some people are jumping the gun or are unaware of the bugs, bottom line is yea you can stay up till midnight to activate but what are u gonna do then, w/o the patch it wouldnt seem worth it.

Erm, i thought the patch was going to be available at 12 as well?

Makes no difference to me, the Mrs won't let me stay up until 12 as she has work tomorrow, so ill be in bed by 10, and trying my best to fall asleep (fat chance).

But, come 7am, sporting morning wood ill be up and out of bed and straight onto the PC. :)

I've been playing without the patch for around three weeks and updated to the latest patch code yesterday and having been really enjoying my game.

i was always under the impression that patches dont work properly with a game already started??, ill be waiting but its personal prefrence end of the day, once i commit to a save file thats normally me set for the next 6 months on real life!

I've been playing without the patch for around three weeks and updated to the latest patch code yesterday and having been really enjoying my game.

Makes no difference to me, the Mrs won't let me stay up until 12 as she has work tomorrow, so ill be in bed by 10, and trying my best to fall asleep (fat chance).

But, come 7am, sporting morning wood ill be up and out of bed and straight onto the PC. :)

patch at midnight is news to me matey

• SI Staff
i was always under the impression that patches dont work properly with a game already started??, ill be waiting but its personal prefrence end of the day, once i commit to a save file thats normally me set for the next 6 months on real life!

There's always the disclaimer that for best results start a new game. That applies to things like fixture scheduling and that sort of thing that won't be instantly fixed in your saved game (until fixtures are next scheduled at the start of a new season). And if your players are already injured it's not going to fix them.

I don't think I've ever started again because of a patch.

It would be a bit hard working on a game if we can't activate it :)

I know that... silly!! I just thought that you guys couldn't play the finalised version that is being released? Although it might have been Matt@Sega that said that?

Anyway.... you are a git for teasing.....

I will play tonight I am off work for 10 days now. Got my cans of Red Bull in. Even better though my new PC is coming tomorrow so will start again then anyway with new patch.

Also it was not SI who said they could not play the game, it was people who work for SEGA.

There's always the disclaimer that for best results start a new game. That applies to things like fixture scheduling and that sort of thing that won't be instantly fixed in your saved game (until fixtures are next scheduled at the start of a new season). And if your players are already injured it's not going to fix them.

I don't think I've ever started again because of a patch.

glad you mention that ter, you have got me buzzing again maybe change the title of this thread now hehe

I will play tonight I am off work for 10 days now. Got my cans of Red Bull in. Even better though my new PC is coming tomorrow so will start again then anyway with new patch.

Also it was not SI who said they could not play the game, it was people who work for SEGA.

I just look forward to starting Dafuge's challenge, probably won't succeed though :(

Off-topic but... Why do you have to go to bed at 10pm (which is, kinda early is it not?) only to get out of bed in the morning and go straight to the PC... ? I thought that maybe you had to drive her to work first thing, but no... it's straight onto the PC :) Is there some house rule which says 'bed at the same time?' Anyway... I digress :D

I am going to be a complete rebel and stay up to read angry posts about installing/authenticating but not wanting to play due to the lack of patch.

Oh I do wonder how much the patch has fixed... there was SO much do to and SO little time :)

• SI Staff
I know that... silly!! I just thought that you guys couldn't play the finalised version that is being released? Although it might have been Matt@Sega that said that?

Anyway.... you are a git for teasing.....

We can't play our boxed copies either if that is what you mean. You are probably thinking of the guys at SEGA who don't have access to a build who have to wait like everyone else.

Off-topic but... Why do you have to go to bed at 10pm (which is, kinda early is it not?) only to get out of bed in the morning and go straight to the PC... ? I thought that maybe you had to drive her to work first thing, but no... it's straight onto the PC :) Is there some house rule which says 'bed at the same time?' Anyway... I digress :D

I am going to be a complete rebel and stay up to read angry posts about installing/authenticating but not wanting to play due to the lack of patch.

Oh I do wonder how much the patch has fixed... there was SO much do to and SO little time :)

Nope, the problem is the PC is in our bedroom, because this is where cable broadband was setup yonks ago. :)

We can't play our boxed copies either if that is what you mean. You are probably thinking of the guys at SEGA who don't have access to a build who have to wait like everyone else.

Most likely! you lucky beggar.. Then again, I suppose you don't get the "grin" walking out of the shop if you get to play it early

Nope, the problem is the PC is in our bedroom, because this is where cable broadband was setup yonks ago. :)

Aha! I did think that for a second but discounted it. Makes sense!

However, it is a special occassion, maybe you could use the PC by putting a second duvet over your head and the monitor so as not to disturb her?

Second option is to run the cable through the bedroom, under the door (might need to force it depending on carpet height) and into the room in which you can temporarily use the PC.

Third, and potentially more expensive option, is to run to a shop and get a wireless router and USB wireless dongle and play in another room. In fact, you only have to authenticate once, so you could authenticate and move the PC into another room.

Hmm. I'd go to bed at 10pm.

Aha! I did think that for a second but discounted it. Makes sense!

However, it is a special occassion, maybe you could use the PC by putting a second duvet over your head and the monitor so as not to disturb her?

Second option is to run the cable through the bedroom, under the door (might need to force it depending on carpet height) and into the room in which you can temporarily use the PC.

Third, and potentially more expensive option, is to run to a shop and get a wireless router and USB wireless dongle and play in another room. In fact, you only have to authenticate once, so you could authenticate and move the PC into another room.

Hmm. I'd go to bed at 10pm.

Lol!

Trust me mate its gonna be tough, but ill be up early, so ill make up for lost time then dont worry.

It might be the easiest option but its still not 'easy'. He'll be awake, perhaps thinking of FM. He could always think of players to purchase come 7am, assuming he doesnt wait for the patch. It's a gamble though. You dont want your wife hearing you say 'Nani' when she thinks you're asleep. It could be misconstrued.

Archived