First Transfer Window Remains Pointless?

As with previous editions it is the case that when you start a new game in, say, July, transfers and squads will be current as of August in the real world?

The opening transfer window has been a bit of a waste of time in previous games as all the big summer moves have already taken place so you can't get Deco from Barcelona or the likes.

Just wondering if this bizarre feature is still in the new version or not

Yeah I remember that one, but it'd be better if there was a third option, namely to start on Jul 1 with the database as it was on Jul 1... still, better than nothing

i totally agree mate. its even harder when your a team with no money scratching around for decent freebies. theyve all gone come august but frustratingly the start date is july!

that would take too much messing around! You would need 2 databases.

I'm not a database expert but surely that's not true.

You could do it one of two ways:

1) An easy way. Include a database field that says "Transfer Before Jul 1?". If it's set to yes the player transfers to his new club when I start a game with my preferred setting. If it's set to no, he doesn't, and the game continues down its merry path with me free to buy Deco, or another club free to buy him.

2) A hard way. Each transfer that actually took place in summer is scripted, so unless a human user acts differently, Deco will move to Chelsea on whatever date he truly did so for the correct amount of money. This would be REALLY hard, though, especially if you wanted all the failed bids and media tripe included as well... so I wouldn't ask for that, as it's far too complex.

I just think that option 1) would be fairly easy to implement and would make that first season soooo much better.

I'm not a database expert but surely that's not true.

You could do it one of two ways:

1) An easy way. Include a database field that says "Transfer Before Jul 1?". If it's set to yes the player transfers to his new club when I start a game with my preferred setting. If it's set to no, he doesn't, and the game continues down its merry path with me free to buy Deco, or another club free to buy him.

2) A hard way. Each transfer that actually took place in summer is scripted, so unless a human user acts differently, Deco will move to Chelsea on whatever date he truly did so for the correct amount of money. This would be REALLY hard, though, especially if you wanted all the failed bids and media tripe included as well... so I wouldn't ask for that, as it's far too complex.

I just think that option 1) would be fairly easy to implement and would make that first season soooo much better.

You would need two databases, but it wouldn't be that hard to implement. After all, when the Jan patch comes out that's exactly what you get. That's why even though you can benefit from the patch playability-wise you can still have pre-jan transfers.

Wouldn't say no to the feature.

All they'd need to do is take advantage of the "future transfer" field when adjusting the database. Then have a tick box to "ignore future transfers?".

Then all the "but I didn't want to get rid of Berbatov" people can do what they want and the "but I'd never convince Robinho to come to City" guys can do what we want.

VB

Archived