Just My Luck

I had just bought a new laptop so I would be able to play FM 09 because my old comp is quite slow and wouldn't be able to handle 3d. Yesterday I was sipping a beer surfing the web when my dog knocked the beer out of my hand and on to my laptop killing it. So now I have no computer and just canceled my FM 09 pre-order. I'm crushed... I hope you all enjoy FM 09!

Another thing you can do is to take all sensitive components (hard drive, memory, screen, optical drive) out, wash the the rest of the machine well in cold filtered water and leave to dry for a couple of days. It should be fine unless beer got in the hard drive, in which case you need a new one of those - they really don't like liquid.

Whatever you do, don't turn the thing on till it's clean and dry.

You've got a good chance it will be OK providing you haven't spilt anything with lots of sugar over it.

Turn it upside down and leave it to dry thoroughly for a couple of days and then fire it on.

Beers filled with sugar :confused: :D

I had just bought a new laptop so I would be able to play FM 09 because my old comp is quite slow and wouldn't be able to handle 3d. Yesterday I was sipping a beer surfing the web when my dog knocked the beer out of my hand and on to my laptop killing it. So now I have no computer and just canceled my FM 09 pre-order. I'm crushed... I hope you all enjoy FM 09!

Please tell me you didn't hurt the dog.

Archived