Hey Guys! FM08 Crash Dump Error

Hey Guys,

Kinda new to these forums so hope this is right section?

I'm currently playing 2008 and really enjoying my current game, unfortantely, I am constantly getting a crash dump error at the exact same point each time. Is there anyway past this?

I've looked around the net and the answer seems to be to uninstall and reinstall, surely there must be another solution? I don't particularly want to lose my game so if i HAVE to do this, can i save this game?

Thanks in advance!

Pud

Hey,

Thanks for the quick reponse guys! :thup:

By backing them up should I just save the the folder:

C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\games

and make another copy of it, then once reinstalled, put it back there? I'm also using an update, will this matter?

Pud

Hey,

Thanks for the quick reponse guys! :thup:

By backing them up should I just save the the folder:

C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\games

and make another copy of it, then once reinstalled, put it back there? I'm also using an update, will this matter?

Pud

Anything to help a fellow Rovers fan. We need all the cheering up we can get. :D

Haha you a Rovers fan then?

I know things are pretty bleak at the moment! A new keeper and one or two good strikers and we'd be pretty established but what can you do?

The game i'm hoping not to lose is a rovers one, top of championship too, so I really hope i don't lose it ha.

Pud

my home town

what is? Wycombe? but you said above you supported Stretford Dung. Have you ever been to Old Trafford? I live in Stockport and went down to Wycombe twice last season (That goal meant nothing:D) and it's about as far from the Greater Manchester area as anywhere in the country. I simply don't understand why someone from Wycombe would want to follow Stretford Dung. Chelsea or Arsenal i could understand. Man utd - no.

Reinstalled the patch, and loaded the game which worked! Unfortuantly the excitement was shortlived as i got the exact same error message about crash dumps again! Seems as if it's the save game that is corrupted. Should i just delete everything out of the:

'C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008'

and start again? Think that will be best idea!

Im from wycombe who are amazing in the league 2 and will get revenege on stockport soon.I support man u too

Don't mind Wycombe, but can't abide Lambert after his silly, childish comments in last year's play offs. Gleeson's goal was top class, and our day out at Wembley was great. As for getting revenge on us, you'll have to wait until you are in the Championship, cos that's where we'll be next season (currently 8th in League 1 - Millwall away on sat).

Good luck for this season (same can't be said for your other, glory-hunting, team i'm afraid)

Archived